Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

What does your grind looked like in the

Just something to pass the time. I posted them as attachments because I don't have any social media platforms, and I really don't feel like getting a new account for a file sharing website so I can get spammed with emails.

This is my morning routine, wake up at 2: 45 a. M. Go for a run, leave at 3: 45, and I go pick up some office coffee for the secretaries and the support staff, and then I review the material reports that we need, and I look at the bids that I've won, in the estimates. Then I generally talk to my secretary, my project managers, and my general Foreman to see where we're at on jobs, and if we have enough resources allocated to each project, and how the interfaces with any new ones. I usually work 12 to 14 hours, and get home somewhere around 7.

So now I pass the ball to you, the collective of the Gridiron Palace, what is your Daily Grind look like?

post-8113-0-70630500-1532351854_thumb.png

post-8113-0-96212600-1532351869_thumb.png

post-8113-0-71198100-1532351881_thumb.png

post-8113-0-50667300-1532351891_thumb.png

post-8113-0-85109000-1532351960_thumb.jpg

post-8113-0-03581700-1532352165_thumb.jpg

post-8113-0-04864600-1532352361_thumb.jpg

post-8113-0-81871000-1532352516_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing this was posted in the political section by accident, so I won't include the time I spend working with left-wing terrorist organizations to kill all white men.

Blotsfan's typical weekday:

I wake up at 6:30 and dick around on the computer for 15 minutes or so. I'm a big believer that the very first thing you do in the morning should be enjoyable. It sucks to wake up and immediately start working. Those 15 minutes are a massive mental benefit.

I get to work at 7:30. Just a programming job in a cube but I like it. It's a very low-stress environment and I can be on my phone and still get my work done. That's what I do from 7:30-4:30 with an hour for lunch. Pretty consistent.

After work I will go straight to the gym unless I'm scheduled with my trainer for later. I see her 3 times a week and I try to go 3 other times on my own but more realistically I end up doing it twice. Pretty standard workout schedule, just some cardio with weights.

Then I'll go home and make dinner, usually either an omelette or some chicken breast with a salad. I'm pretty consistent when cooking at home.

After that I'll usually just watch sports and tv with my roommate until I go to bed.

Usually wake up at 7:30 AM. Since I stopped smoking weed, this is mostly because I'm having a vivid and/or disturbing dream and wake up feeling anxious. Haven't slept well lately which isn't good for someone with my mental health stuff, lol.

Not gonna reveal my class schedule but I go to a CSE class every day of the week. Actually this is our last week and our final is next Monday. Moderately difficult but I have an A- right now, and I think it's curved so good chance I get an A.

Usually go to work for about 4 hour shifts after class and then go home and relax. Not a taxing schedule at the moment, but I've had personal circumstances that make it less enjoyable than it could be.

Sounds like you would be enjoyable to work for, Ngata. I've heard some real horror stories about bosses having strict deadlines for projects, gradually creeping on the already defined scope, and then expecting a team to meet the expanded scope with the same deadline without adding more resources.

I gotta ask though. When's your "you" time? Getting home at 7 and then waking up again at 2:45 AM? Sounds horrible. No way I could ever accommodate that, my mind would literally scramble within two weeks. :laugh:

Edited by OSUViking

Wake up at 6.

Smoke a bowl

drink some coffee

shit

hit my boss up to see when we're getting started

have my brother drive me to work

Work 6-8 hours doing various construction shit

Come home, smoke some weed, read some shit, watch some shit, argue with some of y'all, eat and repeat.

I get pussy on my weekend schedule ,but I guess this is my grind schedule.

Up at 5, drive 15 miles to work by 6. Work that job til 2:30, leave, head back to my hometown to run errands, be at the farm by 3:30-4ish, check on my puppy, then work there til dark. Eat supper, go home and shower, read til sometime between 11 and midnight, go to bed.

That's my summer schedule. Between planting and harvest I take Friday and Saturday night to go to two racetracks about an hour from me for 410 Sprint Car, Late Model, and Modified car racing.

Wintertime is mostly the year round job now with some bartending sprinkled in. I quit my event center job in Grand Forks after my boss was forced to resign for being good to his employees. Fuck that shit. In my free time I like to read and shoot pool

Sounds like you would be enjoyable to work for, Ngata. I've heard some real horror stories about bosses having strict deadlines for projects, gradually creeping on the already defined scope, and then expecting a team to meet the expanded scope with the same deadline without adding more resources.

I gotta ask though. When's your "you" time? Getting home at 7 and then waking up again at 2:45 AM? Sounds horrible. No way I could ever accommodate that, my mind would literally scramble within two weeks. :laugh:

It depends on who you ask on whether or not I am an enjoyable person to work for. The way I look at it is all my employees are in the union except for my office support staff. So every single one of them is making a minimum of $80 an hour, with at least 50 of that going on there check. The rest is insurance coverage that I pay and they do not, same with vacation, and their pensions. So for me, I don't believe in giving a whole lot of extra incentive, because if you can't get incentivize my $50 an hour then I don't need you. Now three times a year I have a company cookout, when is the 4th of July, Veterans Day, and then we usually have a Christmas party.

The reason some people don't like me, is because it is 100% my show. I like it that way because if I succeed it's on me comment if I fail I don't get to point the finger at anybody else. I am open to suggestions, but once I put in the final word, that is how it's going to be done. I have lost a couple Engineers because they think their contributions to my company have exceeded what they were getting paid. Mind you they were getting paid well over $100, 000 a year.

As to the meantime, I don't have any. I mean I do but not in the sense that I get to be alone. When I get home if they're still light outside I usually go outside and throw the football around, or the baseball around, or go shooting some sort of guns with my son until it gets dark. Then we eat, and then I go inside and play dolls, or listen to Macy tell me about what dolls did what today. Then I usually try to have an hour for my wife for so, and we talked about the day and our goals and so on and so forth, and then she tells me about her day and whatever patients she's had to work on.

the overwhelming majority of my joy comes from my family anyway, so that's about as close to me time as I get. My me time will be when I built my company enough to where I can leave it to my son and daughter and not have to worry about their financial future, and I can retire with my wife early. I'm shooting for 50. Once I hit 50 years old I am not trying to be working anymore in any capacity, instead just enjoying the world with my wife. Now that is not to say we don't have vacations, in that we don't enjoy our weekends. However, when it comes to the day-to-day grind I don't have any me time.

Respectable. I suppose by "you" time I figured that would also include time for your family based on the posts you've shared about them. The gap between 7-2 still seems so tight though, but seems like you have it working.

What exactly does your business provide? I think people get a bit too cocky with salaries sometimes. There are some jobs that genuinely require a shitload of money, but yeah most often $100k+ is good money for any individual.

Yeah man I usually average about three, three and a half hours of sleep a night.

I'm an electrical contractor, I had to start out like super small. Anytime you would see those kiosks in the mall that sell the watches, or any sunglass Huts, or anything like that that was generally guys like me who build that. Those are the only things that you can really build, and get done fast enough to pay you, and your workers. I didn't have any money when I started, or at least not as much as it would take to be big right off the bat. So I had to take jobs that I can complete by myself in a day or two to build up the capital to take on bigger jobs. Right now I'm in a state of flux, because I'm getting a little too big to be worrying about sunglass Huts, besides there's other small electrical contractors coming up that need those jobs. so far right now I've got a few irons in the fire, I've got a three-story apartment complex, and I'm updating all the lighting and switching in a T Mobile building around here. So right now all I really do is push papers, go big jobs, and go have lunches with General Contractors trying to get work.

Usually get up anywhere between 4-6 depending on where Im going that day. Get home between 5-7. Eat dinner. Do shit. Nut, sometimes with a gal sometimes with a hand I draw a gals face on. Sleep.

Wake up at 5:30, grab a coffee from dunkin and start work at 7. Work till 4:30. Get home usually around 5-5:30. Cook and do a chore or two. 7-10 I usually game or watch sports.

Hoping to restart the gym routine but having trouble deciding before or after work. Do you guys have prefs on morning vs evening? My issue is I would have to wake up at 4:30 to work out and that would mean I lose an hour at night for sleep but I would dread working out after work lol

I'll be damned if I'm waking up even earlier to go to the gym. That just makes me feel like shit all day. I don't have a problem with doing it after work though. It can sometimes be a bit harder to get motivated (especially on Fridays lol) but once I'm into the swing of it, it's not bad.

I'll be damned if I'm waking up even earlier to go to the gym. That just makes me feel like shit all day. I don't have a problem with doing it after work though. It can sometimes be a bit harder to get motivated (especially on Fridays lol) but once I'm into the swing of it, it's not bad.

I think my biggest issue is I get so damn hungry at the end of the day plus the gym at my apt is always crowded then. When I have gone early in the morning, I have everything to myself and don't have to deal with idiots. Kinda nice in its own way but...having to go to bed super early sucks for me. Even 10-10:30 is not easy lol.

Up at 6 AM. Feed the animals, eat breakfast, shower, leave at ~7:15 to get to work at 8. Get off work at 4:30 Depending on how many stops I gotta make on my way, I'll get home anywhere from 5:15-6. Feed the animals again, shower, eat something, screw around on the interwebs for a bit and then try to go to bed at 9:30 (this is usually never successful and it ends up being later).

Days off typically include sleeping in late and then playing video games. I may or may not actually be a child.

Sounds like you all have miserable lives.

My day goes something like this. Wake up at 10/11. Do a quick 30 min workout at home. Watch some SC/Rich Eisen Show at Noon and either make something or go pick something up to eat.

Once I'm done eating it's usually like 130 at this point and then I shower and start getting ready for work. Do all that hygiene shit and it's usually about 215. I then get dressed and head out the door and get to work around 230-245.

I then work 3-11 pm and then get home around 1115. At this point, I usually eat something small and then shower watch some tv, get on the interwebz/PS4 and then stay up til about 1 or 2am and the cycle repeats.

This summer when I'm on schedule has been get up at 5. Start working on draft stuff around 6. Work until around 6 or so. Dick around for like an hour or two on Twitter then go to bed at 8.

When school starts up again it'll be get up at 5, go for a walk, start draft stuff around 5:30. Work until around 9 or 10 depending on classes. Classes/lunch with any time in between working on draft stuff or homework. Finish classes between 1-4 depending on the day. Work on more draft stuff until around 8. Repeat.

Time with GF is occasionally thrown in there whenever she wants to hang out, but I usually like my weekends free because I have more time to work.