Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Can you be fiscally conservative & Christian?

A real left wing would give you americans some choice in your democracy.

• Upvote 1

If Ronald Reagan could see the Republican Party today he would die a second death.

Ronald Reagan would die a second death? What is the Trump presidency doing from a policy stand point that is so horrible compared to what Reagan did? Ever hear of Iran Contra. This is what Reagan STARTED. Trump has been 30-40 years in the making and Reagan bears some of the most responsibility.

Also, Trump absolutely is a Republican. Maybe not a conservative but he certainly is a Republican. If Trump isn't a Republican then who is?

I can understand why ya'all would reject that. I rejected Hillary because she was the face of the left. She controlled the party before she was even nominated much less elected, so I voted for Trump to try and see if we could give her and her ilk the boot from the Democratic party. No more conservatives hijacking our party.

A real left wing would give you americans some choice in your democracy.

The fucking Canadian gets it lolololololol come guys CTFU :p Granted he's a pretty smart Canadian but still lol. Edited by seanbrock

The fucking Canadian gets it lolololololol come guys CTFU :p Granted he's a pretty smart Canadian but still lol.

It's just too bad Canada is so radically unhinged on left-wing propaganda, to the point it has affected their laws.

I'll be honest. I don't know shit about Canada. Maybe you know more but that doesn't seem to be the case to me(that they're unhinged on left wing propaganda not that you know more than me lol). Canadian's seem kind of like our weird cousin but they're cool. Pretty much the same as us with some minor differences.

Edited by seanbrock

Oh man...is bware a lobster?

One of the things is that our premiers and our prime ministers have a lot more executive power, so the policies they make for the country more easily reflect their general attitude. Trudeau is one of those classic SJW types when it comes to his policy, and it really does show. (See us condeming the Saudi's for their humans rights abuses, and them getting thin skin about it). Canadians do have free speech laws curtailed by 'reasonable limits' which means the government can (and will) restrict speech if they feel it has no place in society. This has its own obvious dangers and consequences.

Yeah well now the US is going to be letting Facebook decide what fake news is. Personally I think all matters of speech should be handled in a court of law and I'm not going to rush to defend the corporate person hood of Facebook or Google or anything like that because they're de-platforming somebody I don't like. What happens next?

Because every individual has a different conception of morality and piety. Some people see being a "good christian" as not harming others and occasionally saying some good things. Others view it as giving every second of their life to helping others and creating change. It's impossible to box in all fiscally conservative individuals as non-christians.

I think there's a lot of people in between monks and someone who just attends church regularly.

I just think conservative economic beliefs are very contradictory to things that Christ, the guy people base their lives around, said. If you think the Bible contradicts itself and the parts where they quote Jesus are bullshit then what do you believe?

Whatever serves your purpose during your time on this Earth is what you believe. Religious texts are just a method of reinforcing your personal beliefs in many cases. Is it hypocritical and confusing to be a "greedy" Christian? Sure. But it's human. Religion isn't the glove people fit into. It's the hand people want to fit into the glove.

Well I think it's that there are two competing ideologies at work with fiscally conservative Christains. The worship of God and the worship of money and material wealth. I think that's why it makes such little sense but it pulls people in two different directions.

I think our whole society is moved by our worship of money and material wealth though, not just Christians. It's just peculiar to me that they've responded in that way and have shaped their beliefs in that way.

Actually, Christ is so tied to poor people's issues and so against the worship of false idols (literally money in his specific case) that you cannot be Christain and fiscally conservative. His whole movement and purpose was to help poor people if you're less of a believer in Christ not being the son of God. If you're saying the Bible is kind of a parable then that's who Jesus was. He was an activist and a religious reformer.

Edited by seanbrock

Can you be Christian and kill someone? Can you be Christian and say "God damn"? Can you be Christian and homosexual? The definitions vary from person to person and are largely opinionated. Saying you can't be Christian if you're XYZ is just a personal stance.

The question of if you can kill somebody and still be Christain is a valid question but how can you profess to follow a religion if you don't believe the fundamental message and purpose of the man who founded the religion or I guess rather the man who the religion was dedicated?If you're fiscally conservative you're really just a deist if you believe in God at all. There's nothing wrong with any of that but it isn't Christianity. It's some perversion of it.

Hell the issue of the worship of false idols and money is throughout the whole bible, not just Jesus. It's a big reason Muslims don't believe in interest which makes a lot of sense to me.

Edited by seanbrock

Well I think it's that there are two competing ideologies at work with fiscally conservative Christains. The worship of God and the worship of money and material wealth. I think that's why it makes such little sense but it pulls people in two different directions.

I think our whole society is moved by our worship of money and material wealth though, not just Christians. It's just peculiar to me that they've responded in that way and have shaped their beliefs in that way.

Something to keep in mind Just because you have a great deal money does not equate to worship.

Second, exactly how money money do you get to have before it precludes you from christianity?

Fucking Christ, autocorrect can suck my dick

Edited by Omerta

Something that keep in my new. Just because you have a great deal money does not equate to worship.

Second, exactly how many changes money do you get to have before it precludes you from christianity?

Fair point but would you also agree than having a great deal of money doesn't mean that you're fiscally conservative?

This will piss some people off. If you're fiscally conservative and "identify" as a Christian, then why should you have an issue with people picking a gender or even making on up? Hahaha :p come on fight me I'm bored.

On that last part, what the hell are you talking about? I would love to fight you bro but I have no idea how those two even equate to each other. Lol. To quote my good friend Ricky Bobby, "into the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

You say you're a girl but you have a dick

You say you're a Christian but you support leaders and policies that are diametrically opposed to your professed faith. That can only mean you say you're Christain but in reality are not.

What do you think Jesus would have to say about Mitt Romney? What do you think he would say about people who make millions just manipulating money and offering literally nothing to world?

I find it interesting to see that nobody has challenged this notion I've put fourth about conservative economic policy hurting the poor.

Edited by seanbrock

Ahhhh I see you now. Ok, I can see the point you are making, but do you think Jesus would be down with Trans people or gays if he is in fact the Jesus of the bible? I am not saying he is, I am just saying that is the kind of Jesus you are using to make your claim, the one that is shown in the bible. So when you look at things like that, you have to realize that he would probably be split down the middle. He would hate Republicans for the way they treat the poor(but being real, democrats are only marginally better in that regard), he would hate democrats for their SJW playbook they are using to commandeer the political landscape right now.

Why you wanna fight, Seanijuana? You just over here with the No True Scotsman shit for Christians. If you really that bored I can have you do draft shit for me :p

• Upvote 1

Ahhhh I see you now. Ok, I can see the point you are making, but do you think Jesus would be down with Trans people or gays if he is in fact the Jesus of the bible? I am not saying he is, I am just saying that is the kind of Jesus you are using to make your claim, the one that is shown in the bible. So when you look at things like that, you have to realize that he would probably be split down the middle. He would hate Republicans for the way they treat the poor(but being real, democrats are only marginally better in that regard), he would hate democrats for their SJW playbook they are using to commandeer the political landscape right now.

interestingly enough he never said anything about gays or tranny's or at least nobody thought to write about him talking about that subject. He did however talk quite a bit about socio economics. You make a fair point though lol. Pretty safe bet he'd be against all that LBGTQ stuff.

Yeah, the Jesus painted by the liberals right now is hilariously inaccurate.

Back on topic, I think there's a kind of fiscal conservatism that resembles financial responsibility much more so than greed.

Case in point, imagine someone who wants to both provide themselves financial security and ensure they can continue to donate to the charities of their choice for the years to come. That person likely doesn't want high taxes. I think you're associating fiscal conservatism with greed when really it's about not allowing the government to take more money from us that we can reasonably part with. I for one am bit hard every tax season, and I don't even make 75K. I sure hope to see a difference with Trump's tax cuts (I doubt it, though).