Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Can you be fiscally conservative & Christian?

Most people that want lower taxes are manipulated by the people that actually benefit from tax cuts the the GOP imposes. You even said it yourself. You hope you see a difference but you probably won't. I guarantee you people with a lot more money than you will see a difference and I guarantee you that most of that money will sit in bank accounts while children are homeless and food insecure in the richest, most powerful empire in world history.

You even already suggested people could either donate to charity or just give in taxes. Why did you suggest that?

Also, what is in your estimation a liberal painting of Jesus? What's the accurate picture?

This guy.

I was raised in the church and by fiscally conservative parents.

To say the least I am nothing like them and I hate most 'church' activities and the regular jackasses who think that they are better than everyone else.

The worst people I have met in life... have claimed to be Christians. The amount of 'Christians' that try to sweep things under the rug in churches and acquire hordes of money are no better than the people they condemn.

Fuck the American church.

I'm not religious but I think people who truly believe and live their lives accordingly, not because they crave attention or need to have some sort of false moral high ground are admirable. As shitty and vain as some religious people are, it is pretty amazing how much good people do through churches. I worked at a soup kitchen in Allentown in rehab. I recommend that anyone here try to volunteer at one. It felt good. It's hard to describe but when you get around people who dedicate as much as some of these people do it's humbling. There are a lot of shitty people out there but man, there are some awesome ones too.

Most people that want lower taxes are manipulated by the people that actually benefit from tax cuts the the GOP imposes. You even said it yourself. You hope you see a difference but you probably won't. I guarantee you people with a lot more money than you will see a difference and I guarantee you that most of that money will sit in bank accounts while children are homeless and food insecure in the richest, most powerful empire in world history.

You even already suggested people could either donate to charity or just give in taxes. Why did you suggest that?

Also, what is in your estimation a liberal painting of Jesus? What's the accurate picture?

Yes, because it's unreasonable to dislike working (typically) 40 hours a week and getting paid for 30.