Photo

Can you be fiscally conservative & Christian?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Omerta

Omerta

John Harbaugh is an Idiot.

• TGP Prime+
  • 3,993 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Miami Hurricanes
  • NFL Team: Ravens

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Well I think it's that there are two competing ideologies at work with fiscally conservative Christains. The worship of God and the worship of money and material wealth. I think that's why it makes such little sense but it pulls people in two different directions.
I think our whole society is moved by our worship of money and material wealth though, not just Christians. It's just peculiar to me that they've responded in that way and have shaped their beliefs in that way.

Something to keep in mind Just because you have a great deal money does not equate to worship.

Second, exactly how money money do you get to have before it precludes you from christianity?

Fucking Christ, autocorrect can suck my dick

Edited by Omerta, 12 August 2018 - 03:33 PM.

Posted Image

#42 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16,103 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State
  • NFL Team: Eagles

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Something that keep in my new. Just because you have a great deal money does not equate to worship.

Second, exactly how many changes money do you get to have before it precludes you from christianity?

Fair point but would you also agree than having a great deal of money doesn't mean that you're fiscally conservative?

#43 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16,103 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

This will piss some people off. If you're fiscally conservative and "identify" as a Christian, then why should you have an issue with people picking a gender or even making on up? Hahaha :p come on fight me I'm bored.

#44 Omerta

Omerta

• TGP Prime+
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

On that last part, what the hell are you talking about? I would love to fight you bro but I have no idea how those two even equate to each other. Lol. To quote my good friend Ricky Bobby, "into the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
Posted Image

#45 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16,103 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

You say you're a girl but you have a dick

You say you're a Christian but you support leaders and policies that are diametrically opposed to your professed faith. That can only mean you say you're Christain but in reality are not.

What do you think Jesus would have to say about Mitt Romney? What do you think he would say about people who make millions just manipulating money and offering literally nothing to world?

I find it interesting to see that nobody has challenged this notion I've put fourth about conservative economic policy hurting the poor.

Edited by seanbrock, 12 August 2018 - 03:48 PM.

#46 Omerta

Omerta

• TGP Prime+
  • 3,993 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

Ahhhh I see you now. Ok, I can see the point you are making, but do you think Jesus would be down with Trans people or gays if he is in fact the Jesus of the bible? I am not saying he is, I am just saying that is the kind of Jesus you are using to make your claim, the one that is shown in the bible. So when you look at things like that, you have to realize that he would probably be split down the middle. He would hate Republicans for the way they treat the poor(but being real, democrats are only marginally better in that regard), he would hate democrats for their SJW playbook they are using to commandeer the political landscape right now.

Posted Image

#47 Chernobyl426

Chernobyl426

Mr. Clean

• Members
  • 6,043 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Colorado School of Mines
  • NFL Team: Rams

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Why you wanna fight, Seanijuana? You just over here with the No True Scotsman shit for Christians. If you really that bored I can have you do draft shit for me  :p

Posted Image
Fucking Goon
Los Angeles Rams Fan
TGP Resident Scout
God-tier armchair GM
Posted Image

#48 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16,103 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Ahhhh I see you now. Ok, I can see the point you are making, but do you think Jesus would be down with Trans people or gays if he is in fact the Jesus of the bible? I am not saying he is, I am just saying that is the kind of Jesus you are using to make your claim, the one that is shown in the bible. So when you look at things like that, you have to realize that he would probably be split down the middle. He would hate Republicans for the way they treat the poor(but being real, democrats are only marginally better in that regard), he would hate democrats for their SJW playbook they are using to commandeer the political landscape right now.

interestingly enough he never said anything about gays or tranny's or at least nobody thought to write about him talking about that subject. He did however talk quite a bit about socio economics. You make a fair point though lol. Pretty safe bet he'd be against all that LBGTQ stuff.

#49 RazorStar

RazorStar

Hatred Outlives the Hateful

• Administrators
  • 37,747 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Auburn Tigers
  • NFL Team: Broncos

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

tumblr_inline_pddrqypJsU1rzzyoj_500.png

Warning, Opinions may be included.
GAYoPrg.png

#50 BwareDWare94

BwareDWare94

Rediscover/all the color/in the grey

• Global Moderators
  • 13,354 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): North Dakota State Bison
  • NFL Team: Vikings

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, the Jesus painted by the liberals right now is hilariously inaccurate. 

Back on topic, I think there's a kind of fiscal conservatism that resembles financial responsibility much more so than greed. 

Case in point, imagine someone who wants to both provide themselves financial security and ensure they can continue to donate to the charities of their choice for the years to come. That person likely doesn't want high taxes. I think you're associating fiscal conservatism with greed when really it's about not allowing the government to take more money from us that we can reasonably part with. I for one am bit hard every tax season, and I don't even make 75K. I sure hope to see a difference with Trump's tax cuts (I doubt it, though). 

bands-forigen-ireland-dublin-the-script-

#51 seanbrock

seanbrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

Most people that want lower taxes are manipulated by the people that actually benefit from tax cuts the the GOP imposes. You even said it yourself. You hope you see a difference but you probably won't. I guarantee you people with a lot more money than you will see a difference and I guarantee you that most of that money will sit in bank accounts while children are homeless and food insecure in the richest, most powerful empire in world history.

You even already suggested people could either donate to charity or just give in taxes. Why did you suggest that?

Also, what is in your estimation a liberal painting of Jesus? What's the accurate picture?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users