Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

2018 TGP Fantasy Football

9 members have voted

1. 1. What platform would you prefer?

• ESPN
    • Yahoo
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. What draft format would you prefer?

3. 3. Would you be willing to participate in multiple TGP leagues?

• Definitely
    • Absolutely not
    • Yes, but only if we need to make numbers work

Alright, nobody else is taking the reigns so I'll get this started. In the past we've had multiple leagues (I think as many as 4 in some years) but based on the lack of any of those leagues seeming to pop up so far we may be down to one, but let's see what the interest is.

What I'm looking for in this thread is answers to the following questions:

1) Are you interested in doing a TGP fantasy league this season? (I'm going to assume that everyone who posts or votes in this thread is implying a yes to this one, so please don't vote in the polls unless you're going to play)

2) What platform do you want to use? (in the past I know we've used ESPN and Yahoo, but I'm open to suggestion for other free platforms)

3) What draft format do you want to do? (we've done standard snake as well as auction, I'm not aware of other formats, but if you know of others go for it)

4) Do you want to participate in multiple TGP leagues? (I'm asking this just in case we end up with too many people interested for one league but not quite enough for two, I don't want to do a 14 team league)

5) Are there any deal breakers? (this is primarily for options for the other two questions, but is not limited to that, we'll get into nuts and bolts later, but if you want to go ahead and say you're not playing if it's not PPR, or won't use IDPs, go for it)

I created polls for 2, 3, and 4, while the results from 2 and 3 will be considered they won't be dispositive as some weight may be given to 5 if necessary for numbers, please answer #5 in a post. Also, please post your thoughts on the poll questions, don't just vote, you may be able to talk people into your preferences and if anyone has really strong preferences towards any of the options I will consider that to a similar extent as deal breakers.

Edited by oochymp

Count me in for any and all other than IDP or defensive leagues.

I would also pose a question of deeper benches. I have gone back and forth and I could go either way, just something to think about.

:yeahthat:

Oochy, if you want I can just make you commish of the tgp league from last year, and you can tweak it as you get responses (unless everyone chooses yahoo, in which case, :welp: )

My computer is currently ded, so I've been putting off reactivating everything cuz I don't really want to run everything from my phone...

Is there an opening?

So far only 4 people have responded tothe poll, since I don't plan on doing a four team league there are plenty of openings

So that puts us at 8 including the seven who have voted and sean, that's enough to start talking specifics.

First off, it looks like the vote is leaning very heavily to ESPN (I primarily voted Yahoo because that's where my other two leagues are and it'd be nice to only have to use one app, but I can deal with it)

Right now Snake has a slight edge over Auction, if it stays ahead or close I'll probably go with Snake because Auction is a lot more work so I'd feel better about making people who want Auction do Snake than the other way around, it's also easier to schedule because autopick can only do so much damage in Snake if anyone has to miss it

That brings us to scheduling the draft, weekday evenings have always seemed to work best in the past, what're everyone's preferences for draft times? I'm talking generally at this point, I'll get a new poll to actually get it scheduled, but want a general idea of what can just be eliminated from the jump

Oh, and as for the multiple leagues question, at this point that looks like it was definitely overly optimistic, but I'm still monitoring it just in case

I am down usually any time after 6 pm Pacific. A weekend would be awesome, but I can out it in my calendar on a weekday if need be.

Generally evenings are best for me as well, except Friday evening, unless we start later than 9:00pm.

My schedule is second shift but I'm off every other weekend and alternate wednesdays and thursdays..

Any time is fine as long as it's not 10 Pm eastern on September 1st.

• Upvote 1

shit, I've let this get away from me, it looks like we're doing ESPN, so Vin could you make me commish? Then I need everyone to send me email addresses so that I can get invites in, please send that whether you were in the league last year or not, first 8 (well, first 7 because I'm 1) will get in automatically, from there I'm gonna need two so we're not doing it with an odd number.

Next comes the draft, let's look at next Monday and Tuesday, when are people not available next Monday and Tuesday? If you could include that in your PM to me I'll figure out what time works for the most people, we're doing draft not auction so you won't be royally fucked if you miss, just regular fucked

• Upvote 1

shit, I've let this get away from me, it looks like we're doing ESPN, so Vin could you make me commish? Then I need everyone to send me email addresses so that I can get invites in, please send that whether you were in the league last year or not, first 8 (well, first 7 because I'm 1) will get in automatically, from there I'm gonna need two so we're not doing it with an odd number.

Next comes the draft, let's look at next Monday and Tuesday, when are people not available next Monday and Tuesday? If you could include that in your PM to me I'll figure out what time works for the most people, we're doing draft not auction so you won't be royally fucked if you miss, just regular fucked

League renewed and commish powers given.

Participants last year were the following, so only a couple people should have to send emails:

Me

Ace

Phil

Oochy's bro

MHG

BC

Than

F4E

Ngata

ATL

Oochy

Bjorn

Monday works for me for a draft time. Won't have class that day since it's a holiday, I'd just prefer it be before 10 PM. Tuesday would have to be late cuz I picked up a 6-9 PM class and I wouldn't be home til 10:30 or so (unless I drop the class)

• Upvote 1

League renewed and commish powers given.

Participants last year were the following, so only a couple people should have to send emails:

Me

Ace

Phil

Oochy's bro

MHG

BC

Than

F4E

Ngata

ATL

Oochy

Bjorn

Monday works for me for a draft time. Won't have class that day since it's a holiday, I'd just prefer it be before 10 PM. Tuesday would have to be late cuz I picked up a 6-9 PM class and I wouldn't be home til 10:30 or so (unless I drop the class)

I don't know anyone's real names, so we careen do thisone of two ways, Vin could delete people who aren't playing this year or everyone could change their team name at least temporarily to their user name and I can delete anyone who doesn't do that
  • Upvote 1

come see me in the streets. bitch.

I saw I am still in it. I am down to play again. May miss the draft though.

Okay, I'm gonna go with Monday at 7 for the draft, if that doesn't work let me know soon. 

As for getting people in, thank you MHG, Bjorn, and Ngata four updating your team names, everyone else who was in the league last year needs to do the same, anyone who was not needs to PM me your email. I'm out of town but will have my computer up tomorrow afternoon and can do some work on adding people, bit most of that will happen Monday afternoon. Please have your information to me by 2PM eastern time Monday and if you weren't in the league last season look for an email Monday afternoon. 

EDIT: than, vin, and ace y'all are good too, just saw you'd put your usernames in your team abbreviations, that works too, so we've got 7 confirmed and the only two who have sent me email addresses are already in the league

Edited by oochymp

I've had a request for earlier in the day Monday or some time tomorrow, I have no confidence in my ability to get everyone in the league by tomorrow, so someone else will have to take over for that to work, but I could do Monday afternoon, 3 or 4 eastern, it is labor day so I'm off, but I'm not sure how many other people have the day off, but we need to get everyone signed up by then

Edited by oochymp

I have another league on fleaflicker that if anyone wants in, I have at least two spots, still working on draft time. Just shoot me a message or reply in here.

Tomorrow sucks for me, will show up if possible but I am fine with autodraft honestly.