Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Le’Veon Bell Skips Team Meetings

Steelers started prep meetings for their opener and Bell wasn’t a no show. This holdout May not end anytime soon. 

I wonder what teams are in the market for a player like Bell? Being a runningback who has already had good seasons means he'd be kind of hard to unload for a significant trade package, even if he is the best back in the game.

Especially considering he wants what.. at least 17 a year? I mean, dude is EXCELLENT playing football but it's rough. What's to say he doesn't hold out in 2 years looking for a raise? 

Also, up until today, his teammates had his back. They figured he would show up today and get back to work (kind of like how he did last year). 

Not really the case anymore... 

Bell’s agent, Adisa Bakari, told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday morning that Bell will “get there when he’s there.” Bakari said he wanted to know what GM Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin’s plan would be for Bell this year.

“That’s just stupid,” center Maurkice Pouncey said, according to NFL Network. “You can’t play football like that.

“Why play hide and seek? Why let your agent say this? Just man up and tell us what you’re going to do.”

The sudden heel-turn on Bell appears coordinated. A veteran Steeler told ESPN they waited to criticize Bell after he did not report Monday, giving him a chance to come in Wednesday. But when he still didn’t show up, their patience ran out.

“He f–ked us,” the player said.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/05/steelers-teammates-turn-on-leveon-bell-he-f-ked-us/

I really hope the union finds a way to get rid of the franchise tag in the next CBA. I know its a super-long shot, but its suck trash. I'd at the least hope it couldn't be done to a player multiple years in a row.