Aussie Falcons Fan

What are you reading???

Finished book 8. More feels in this one. Not bad feels, but sad feels. Some answers and identities are finally given, so that's good.

You need to pick these back up, Razor. :yep:

6 > 3 > 8 > 5 > 2 > 7 > 4 > 1

So much time has passed between now and some of the earlier books that I have no idea if it's even an accurate ranking anymore. All I've got left is how they made me feel.

So, I finally finished the 10th and final book of the series, and man, what a ride. Only took like 6 years to finally finish it.

I'm not entirely sure where to rank the last two books. A lot of book 9 is build-up to book 10, and a lot of book 10 is just build-up for the last bit of the book. I kinda feel like things ended too "nice", if such a thing is even possible, but I guess given everything that has happened throughout the entirety of the series, it's warranted.

I guess I'd go 6 > 3 > 10 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 2 > 7 > 4 > 1. But that's probably not accurate at all given how long it's been since I've read some of them.

This is still the best series I've read thus far, and some of the best books I've read as well. Which in the end probably isn't saying much, because while I've read a lot, there's a lot I haven't read. I also don't really consider myself an emotional person, but these books bring out something in me. It's not really a sadness, but moreso just being pretty moved by some of the actions that happen (particularly something that happens late in the final book, and late in book 3). But I don't think I've gotten that feeling from anything else I've read.

I'm weird, I know. But whatever.

Sword of Truth books. Just started the Stone of Infinite Sorrowfullness or something... The secondish one if not counting prequels.

A Confederacy of Dunces

A comedy. The characters are utterly ridiculous especially the main character, Ignatius Reilly. Just over a hundred pages in so far, but it's pretty damn hysterical.

So, I finally finished the 10th and final book of the series, and man, what a ride. Only took like 6 years to finally finish it.

I'm not entirely sure where to rank the last two books. A lot of book 9 is build-up to book 10, and a lot of book 10 is just build-up for the last bit of the book. I kinda feel like things ended too "nice", if such a thing is even possible, but I guess given everything that has happened throughout the entirety of the series, it's warranted.

I guess I'd go 6 > 3 > 10 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 2 > 7 > 4 > 1. But that's probably not accurate at all given how long it's been since I've read some of them.

This is still the best series I've read thus far, and some of the best books I've read as well. Which in the end probably isn't saying much, because while I've read a lot, there's a lot I haven't read. I also don't really consider myself an emotional person, but these books bring out something in me. It's not really a sadness, but moreso just being pretty moved by some of the actions that happen (particularly something that happens late in the final book, and late in book 3). But I don't think I've gotten that feeling from anything else I've read.

I'm weird, I know. But whatever.

It's been so long I don't even remember what series this is.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen. :yep:

Still slowly working on the Grisaia series. Mostly done the main route of Labyrinth, but I still have several side routes to go through.

51j0XvYbL9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm currently reading:

Just-Mercy_nospine.png

this is a book that's been on my shelf for a while, I'm only about 50 pages in so I'm not sure how much I can really say about it, but the author is a criminal defense lawyer writing about his start in the deep south (GA/AL) and it really resonates with me as I've been working the public defender's office, I'm not sure I would have believed much of what I've gotten to without my experience but I would highly recommend it if you want some idea of what goes on in criminal law

I was going to post an update of what I've read since my last post in here, but my last post was from about a year ago so there's been a lot in there, mostly fiction books, Grisham, Connelly, and Jack Reacher (Lee Child) books