Sign in to follow this  
BC

Things in the NFL that are hard to make sense of

This is kinda random, but when looking at point totals, and also fantasy football point totals from this last week, it seems like the numbers are significantly increased. And it actually contradicts what I thought I was seeing this past sunday. It felt like a majority of the offenses were really struggling to get into sync. Lots of quarterbacks showed week 1 rust, (Stafford, Garrapolo, Deshaun Watson, Roethlisberger & a few others), I guess due to the fact that nowadays the preseason is so watered down because everyone is trying to preserve their studs for December playoff chases. It's weird that it negatively affects some but others thrive on it. Stafford for instance is normally a really fast starter, and typically plays the way that he did three days ago in December. Can't seem to find a clear pattern of logic. 

That Matthew Stafford, who has been in the league since 2009 and has played in 126 regular season games, has had seven games in which a RB for the Lions has rushed for 100 yards or more in a game.

Seven games.

Seven.

What?

• Upvote 1

It's always the Matt Stafford show in Detroit. Plus they always have this weird committee of backs they use, even if they say they aren't going RBBC. Carries are almost always split between 2 or 3 guys, which makes it a lot harder to get to that threshold. SHort of some freak accident, I don't really think that is going to change under Patricia, so buckle in Lions fans.

I guess it isn't that hard to make sense of all things considered but... RGIII was the last Browns QB to record a win.