Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Liberal, Libertarian, independent coalition

There is obviously a lot of differences but we do have some things in common. We do have common goals that we can only accomplish as a United front. Is it possible to form a coalition? Is it possible to bring people together on singular issues. I believe that it is.

1. Put a stop to endless war or at least wars without congressional approval- How many Americans are here on this. Does anyone know why we're still in Afghanistan?

2. Stop the corporate capture of politics.- What can we do here? We need to convince people on both sides that we can't vote from people who take corporate money or PAC money. RANKED CHOICE VOTING!!!!

I think we could come together on this if the effort was made to organize people in this way. I don't think that effort is there but it should be. There is power in numbers. All the money in the world would not be able to stop a coalition of this size. We must organize. We have to smash the establishment to pieces with no mercy. 

I honestly don't know where you get the idea that libertarians are against corporate control. That is the logical endgame of their philosophy. 

I think economically they believe the free market bunny or fairy or whatever the fuck they believe is the answer economically but politically libertarians think you should have the right to bribe elected officials but I don't think they want to vote for people to give corporate welfare to billionaires. I think they believe money is free speech but we have the freedom to not vote for that person. Obviously dumb BUT if we can get them to agree not to vote for Republicans that are bought then I believe that is a win.

Heading into these next elections, stopping the endless wars and covert (and not so covert) regime change tops my list of important positions. 

Get Tulsi Gabbard to run and that’d be a good start to your coalition. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah but I think we all know that the establishment of the party would do everything they could to prevent her from getting the nod. The Democratic party would be harder to get a real candidate through because they blatantly rig their primary and just in case someone liberal won they can over turn it with the super delegate votes. I wish her, Bernie and Ocasio-Cortez would leave to start a new party. Take Nina Turner and Dennis Kucinic and people like that, Nader etc.

"The democrats blatantly rig their primaries."

Expresses admiration for person famous for winning democratic primary over well-entrenched democratic party leader. 

Nobody would love a Democratic Party split as much as the republicans. 

One primary win. That's not going change much. The Democratic Party is owned by people who hate us and who actively work to make it so everything we want is torpedoed. They know all they have to do is be marginally less unhinged than the opposition to sufficiently threaten people into voting for a continuation of the oligarchy and Cleptocracy. We have to break their backs. Some parties have just died. The Whig party doesn't exist anymore. We need to nuke the Democratic Party and smash the neo-liberal elite. They're more of a threat to progressives than any Republican could ever hope to be. Look at how corporate and conservative the last two Demcratic presidents were. Look at head the DNC as it's chair. Perez is a fucking Pharma lobbyist. Pelosi control the Dems in the house and Schumer in the Senate. What liberal Democrat has ANY power within the Party?

Edited by seanbrock

Whatever you like to tell yourself. 

Dawg there are Democrats who ask how we're going to pay for universal health care and saying we need to strengthen the ACA. Then turn around and vote to give a president they claim has committed treason a 60 billion dollar increase to a military budget that is the largest in the world by a wiiiiiiiiiide margin. The Democratic party has been infiltrated. When's the last time they did anything to support a Union, besides campaign about how much they love unions? 

Edited by seanbrock

2 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Yeah but I think we all know that the establishment of the party would do everything they could to prevent her from getting the nod. The Democratic party would be harder to get a real candidate through because they blatantly rig their primary and just in case someone liberal won they can over turn it with the super delegate votes. I wish her, Bernie and Ocasio-Cortez would leave to start a new party. Take Nina Turner and Dennis Kucinic and people like that, Nader etc.

Joe Rogan asked her (Gabbard) if she would entertain being Bernie's VP ... long pause, no real answer. I think she'd totally do it. Bernie has a lot of fantastical ideas. He is ant-war though so I would have to give him a very hard long look if he were to run again -- especially if Tulsi was his running mate.

Plus, Bernie looks like he could croak any second. If she could get in as a VP, and Bernie keels over... that might be her realistically best shot at securing the white house.

Great listen

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Tulsi and Bernie would be a fucking iron clad duo if you chose running mates in the primary process. Bernie was getting hit in the knees by his own party for being the white candidate and being sexist. If you had a Jew and a woman of color team up you can only hit them from the right and that's hard to do with Tulsi and her miltary background.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, seanbrock said:

There is obviously a lot of differences but we do have some things in common. We do have common goals that we can only accomplish as a United front. Is it possible to form a coalition? Is it possible to bring people together on singular issues. I believe that it is.

1. Put a stop to endless war or at least wars without congressional approval- How many Americans are here on this. Does anyone know why we're still in Afghanistan?

2. Stop the corporate capture of politics.- What can we do here? We need to convince people on both sides that we can't vote from people who take corporate money or PAC money. RANKED CHOICE VOTING!!!!

I think we could come together on this if the effort was made to organize people in this way. I don't think that effort is there but it should be. There is power in numbers. All the money in the world would not be able to stop a coalition of this size. We must organize. We have to smash the establishment to pieces with no mercy. 

I agree, there are a few things in common that these groups share but as blots said/hinted, typically through completely different means. There are probably a few issues that are low-hanging fruit that all would agree on, sure.

1. To help provide stability and to counter/manage insurgent groups like ISIS until the Afghans are built up enough to manage things themselves. 

2. Nothing? Had every reason to boycott the major parties last pres election and no one did. 

Right, which is why it does not matter how you get there imo