Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers @ Rams

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20181028014&home=14&vis=9

The Packers have won five straight against the Rams with their last loss coming in Week 5 of 2006. These teams haven't played in Los Angeles since September of 1991, when the Rams won, 23-21.

Green Bay had a bye last week after defeating San Francisco at home in Week 6, 33-30, on a last-second field goal by Mason Crosby. The Packers are 13-6-1 (.675) at home since 2016, compared to 7-11 (.389) on the road. That .286 difference in win percentage (home better) ranks as third highest in the NFL.

The Rams have started 7-0 for the fourth time in franchise history and the first time since 1985. They have scored at least 23 points in each of their seven games this season -- the only longer streak to begin a season in franchise history was 2000 (10 straight).

This week's game will feature two of the highest-powered offenses in the NFL -- the Rams average 445.3 yards per game to rank second in the NFL, and the Packers average 421.0 to rank fourth. The Rams are first in rush yards per game (153.1) and the Packers are fourth in pass yards per game (317.3).

Todd Gurley II has 14 scrimmage touchdowns this season, most in the NFL. The only player to score more through seven team games was Jim Brown in 1958 for Cleveland (15).

Aaron Rodgers is currently third in the NFL in pass yards per game at 332.8. He has only finished in the NFL's top five in pass yards per game two other times in his career -- 2008 and 2011.

• Upvote 1

Man, if it wasn't for a horrible stupid decision we could be talking about another great Rodgers' moment. If Ty takes a knee, Rodgers has 2:05 and 1 timeout to get a FG. I would be pretty confident in him succeeding and the Pack winning. But Ty had to take it out and fumble the ball.

It is what it is and now the Packers have to decide how they want to respond. They can either go into NE and be pissed they gave one away and possibly win, or roll over and get handed another loss. You still have to give them credit for taking on the #1 team and nearly beating them.

This team has shown some of the potential it has, and that it can hang. But still has plenty to improve on. Will be interesting to see what happens and curious if Gute does pull the trigger on a trade.

We get in our own way too often. Mike says Ty was told to not take it but he wanted to make a play. Sigh 

Apparently Ty threw a tantrum on the sideline the previous offensive series too. I don't want to be the guy that overeacts and wants a guy to be cut after a fuck up but in this case  it may be best for Ty to go elsewhere. If his attitude is placing himself above the team and disobeying directions from coaches, then he is no longer a good teammate.

He is not the sole reason we lost as there were multiple other mistakes but to be that selfish and try making a play because you want to show your worth is just a bad move. Even if he did get a decent return, is that really better than giving Rodgers the 2 min warning to work with?

Why was he having other issues? I didn’t know that. 

The only way it works out is if he was able to get it to midfield or further. Then losing the two minute timeout isn't as bad because you've gained most of the requisite yardage with it. The current rules make kickoffs pretty damn hard to pull off, and almost requires the coverage to blow it more than anything the receiving team can do in terms of blocks or setup. I think you suspend the guy from the next game, make him a healthy scratch to show that the team wants team players, and he can learn from that or not.

Totally. And while a touchback is the obvious answer I am not even most mad about that decision.

Watching it last night... it just looks like Ty wants to hit someone. He sees the hit coming and he’s more worried about laying a hit than protecting the football. 

He didn’t even protect the ball at all... the thought didn’t even go through is head. 

Its not like he got chased down and the ball was punched out from behind. It’s not like rams were standing him up and he got stripped.

He saw contact... lowered his shoulder... delivered a hit and practically dropped the ball.

Loser.

Per Michael Silver, Ty was pissed that we took him out on 2nd down in the last offensive series.  1st down was a short pass to Ty that Rodgers short-armed then we subbed him out for Aaron Jones for a 2nd down carry. Guess he was pissed and threw his helmet on the ground. Yet was in on the very next play and completely whiffed on helping Lane Taylor with Donald.

According to more than a half-dozen Packers players and coaches who witnessed it, Montgomery had thrown a tantrum of his own on Green Bay's previous offensive series, becoming noticeably enraged on the sideline after being removed from the game. At least one player believed there was carryover from that incident to Montgomery's decision to disregard his coaches' instruction and return the kickoff.

"They took him out (the previous drive) for a play and he slammed his helmet and threw a fit," one Packers player said. "Then (before the kickoff) they told him to take a knee, and he ran it out anyway. You know what that was? That was him saying, 'I'm gonna do me.' It's a f------ joke.

Supposedly he also threw a tantrum during the 49ers game cause Mike took away one of his series' due to him running a kickoff out of the endzone.

Now this all is from Michael Silver and nothing directly from the Packers so take it as you will.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Multiple Packers players eager to throw Montgomery under the bus. Not a good sign for the Packers' locker room, or for Mike McCarthy. I stand by my earlier comment that he needs to make the playoffs to save his job.