Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

'18-'19 NBA Season Thread

Damn, this was an active thread last year let's start it off. 

Lots of people are killing Brett Brown for starting Fultz but he has talent. I think his coach and team mates showing faith in him is his best chance to realize his potential at this point. Nobody is beating GS this year anyway, let's be real. 

This draft class has been great so far. Doncic and Ayton are gonna be total studs. 

Wonder if teams like the Mavs, Jazz and Nuggets will be able to overtake some of the older teams in the West.

The Nuggets and Jazz are 100% contenders to lose in the conference finals to the Warriors this year. I think Dallas is a few years away though. 

Now that Dallas has Smith and Doncic they're going to be serious players in both the trade market and free agency but yeah they're young still.

I like Covington and Saric both. They'll make the Wolves better just off being unselfish players. Butler helps the Sixers as a reliable shot Creator and scorer to go with Embiid and he's a willing and very capable defender. Butler is a little bit of a head are but I like getting him with something to prove and something to play for. Even if the Sixers don't re-sign Butler, they freed up a lot of cash to make big moves in free agency. Good move by both teams imo. They also held onto that Heat future first.

Edited by seanbrock

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, RazorStar said:

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

Do you think the Eastern Conference champion banner would actually count for something then in this context? Got some squads forming in the East for sure.

Philly gave up a lot of shooting with the Butler trade but it sounds like they'll be getting some of it back by trading for korver. 

Sixers are gonna be players in the buyout market this year more than likely too. There's gonna be an arms race in the East. 

Man, the Warriors are gonna win the title lol.

Absolutely horrendous trade for the Knicks. They're probably getting the Dallas 2021 and 2023 picks but unless they don't expect Porzingis to recover, thats just an awful return.

• Upvote 1

Knicks gonna Knick! :yao:

I honestly thought they were on the right path, especially if they were to draft Zion and the rumors of Kyrie wanting to play there. Now... :laugh:

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

Mark Cuban drove around town looking for his girl, waited 3 years to finally get her, then immediately up and traded into some young blonde.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2019 at 12:05 AM, FartWaffles said:

Knicks gonna Knick! :yao:

I honestly thought they were on the right path, especially if they were to draft Zion and the rumors of Kyrie wanting to play there. Now... :laugh:

My question is...would Irving honestly ever consider the Knicks, based on a hypothetical that they MIGHT get Zion, if LA were making considerations to woo him?  Unless Kyrie just wouldn't want to play in LeBron's shadow again...

17 minutes ago, Phins4life said:

My question is...would Irving honestly ever consider the Knicks, based on a hypothetical that they MIGHT get Zion, if LA were making considerations to woo him?  Unless Kyrie just wouldn't want to play in LeBron's shadow again...

Well Kyrie had been on record saying he wants to play for the Knicks before being traded to the Celtics, and this was before any chance of Zion being in the plans. Doubt he plays with LeBron ever again. I didn't even know the Lakers were even rumored to be pursuing Kyrie...

On 2/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, FartWaffles said:

Well Kyrie had been on record saying he wants to play for the Knicks before being traded to the Celtics, and this was before any chance of Zion being in the plans. Doubt he plays with LeBron ever again. I didn't even know the Lakers were even rumored to be pursuing Kyrie...

You'll have to forgive my NBA ignorance.  I don't know much.  Maybe they weren't.  I more or less just inferred based on speculation by Bill Simmons and some ESPN commentators that LeBron wanted to bring him out there.  That may be totally untrue.  

Celtics are still the Sixers' kryptonite... :pls:

Idk man, I think the Sixers are still trying to figure stuff out. Their bench and their starting line up are totally different than they were in October. I think Horford is in Embiid's head, though. I think we're gonna need Butler to beat Boston. At least in the 4th quarter and closing games. He's a smart player that will be aggressive but also make the right basketball decision and I guarantee you he is not scared of Boston.

I feel like the Bucks are the team to watch in the East. Giannis is a freaking beast, and they play offense and defense so well. 

14 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

I feel like the Bucks are the team to watch in the East. Giannis is a freaking beast, and they play offense and defense so well. 

You not pumped for the team that plays in your Motherland?

I'm expecting a loss to the Bucks, Celtics, or 76ers. If the standings hold in the East, the Raptors wouldn't have to face one of them until the ECF, but still. I feel like we've been good, but not really all together yet. 

2 hours ago, RazorStar said:

I've seen a few writers/commentators highlighting the Mirotic move as one of their favorites of the deadline.  He rounds out an already impressive starting lineup.  

10 hours ago, RazorStar said:

I'm expecting a loss to the Bucks, Celtics, or 76ers. If the standings hold in the East, the Raptors wouldn't have to face one of them until the ECF, but still. I feel like we've been good, but not really all together yet. 

Tbh if the Bucks play Toronto Kawhi will erase him and the Raptors will win in like 5. They'll have problems  against Boston and Philly because they don't have one guy that happens to be a wing that they can just throw Kawhi at and Gasol is smart and big enough to back him up in the post l. They'll make they'll turn the Greek Freak into a jump shooter and Stevens and Boston will do the same if they play the Bucks. So far I think you have to say it will come down to Boston on Toronto because Philly has to prove they can beat the best teams in the conference. I think they have the potential because they've been very good against the west.