Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

'18-'19 NBA Season Thread

Recommended Posts

Damn, this was an active thread last year let's start it off. 

 

Lots of people are killing Brett Brown for starting Fultz but he has talent. I think his coach and team mates showing faith in him is his best chance to realize his potential at this point. Nobody is beating GS this year anyway, let's be real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft class has been great so far. Doncic and Ayton are gonna be total studs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if teams like the Mavs, Jazz and Nuggets will be able to overtake some of the older teams in the West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nuggets and Jazz are 100% contenders to lose in the conference finals to the Warriors this year. I think Dallas is a few years away though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Dallas has Smith and Doncic they're going to be serious players in both the trade market and free agency but yeah they're young still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Covington and Saric both. They'll make the Wolves better just off being unselfish players. Butler helps the Sixers as a reliable shot Creator and scorer to go with Embiid and he's a willing and very capable defender. Butler is a little bit of a head are but I like getting him with something to prove and something to play for. Even if the Sixers don't re-sign Butler, they freed up a lot of cash to make big moves in free agency. Good move by both teams imo. They also held onto that Heat future first.

Edited by seanbrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, RazorStar said:

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

Do you think the Eastern Conference champion banner would actually count for something then in this context? Got some squads forming in the East for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philly gave up a lot of shooting with the Butler trade but it sounds like they'll be getting some of it back by trading for korver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sixers are gonna be players in the buyout market this year more than likely too. There's gonna be an arms race in the East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the Warriors are gonna win the title lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Absolutely horrendous trade for the Knicks. They're probably getting the Dallas 2021 and 2023 picks but unless they don't expect Porzingis to recover, thats just an awful return.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knicks gonna Knick! :yao:

I honestly thought they were on the right path, especially if they were to draft Zion and the rumors of Kyrie wanting to play there. Now... :laugh:

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Cuban drove around town looking for his girl, waited 3 years to finally get her, then immediately up and traded into some young blonde.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 12:05 AM, FartWaffles said:

Knicks gonna Knick! :yao:

I honestly thought they were on the right path, especially if they were to draft Zion and the rumors of Kyrie wanting to play there. Now... :laugh:

My question is...would Irving honestly ever consider the Knicks, based on a hypothetical that they MIGHT get Zion, if LA were making considerations to woo him?  Unless Kyrie just wouldn't want to play in LeBron's shadow again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Phins4life said:

My question is...would Irving honestly ever consider the Knicks, based on a hypothetical that they MIGHT get Zion, if LA were making considerations to woo him?  Unless Kyrie just wouldn't want to play in LeBron's shadow again...

Well Kyrie had been on record saying he wants to play for the Knicks before being traded to the Celtics, and this was before any chance of Zion being in the plans. Doubt he plays with LeBron ever again. I didn't even know the Lakers were even rumored to be pursuing Kyrie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, FartWaffles said:

Well Kyrie had been on record saying he wants to play for the Knicks before being traded to the Celtics, and this was before any chance of Zion being in the plans. Doubt he plays with LeBron ever again. I didn't even know the Lakers were even rumored to be pursuing Kyrie...

You'll have to forgive my NBA ignorance.  I don't know much.  Maybe they weren't.  I more or less just inferred based on speculation by Bill Simmons and some ESPN commentators that LeBron wanted to bring him out there.  That may be totally untrue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtics are still the Sixers' kryptonite... :pls:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk man, I think the Sixers are still trying to figure stuff out. Their bench and their starting line up are totally different than they were in October. I think Horford is in Embiid's head, though. I think we're gonna need Butler to beat Boston. At least in the 4th quarter and closing games. He's a smart player that will be aggressive but also make the right basketball decision and I guarantee you he is not scared of Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the Bucks are the team to watch in the East. Giannis is a freaking beast, and they play offense and defense so well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

I feel like the Bucks are the team to watch in the East. Giannis is a freaking beast, and they play offense and defense so well. 

You not pumped for the team that plays in your Motherland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting a loss to the Bucks, Celtics, or 76ers. If the standings hold in the East, the Raptors wouldn't have to face one of them until the ECF, but still. I feel like we've been good, but not really all together yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RazorStar said:

I feel like the Bucks are the team to watch in the East. Giannis is a freaking beast, and they play offense and defense so well. 

I've seen a few writers/commentators highlighting the Mirotic move as one of their favorites of the deadline.  He rounds out an already impressive starting lineup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RazorStar said:

I'm expecting a loss to the Bucks, Celtics, or 76ers. If the standings hold in the East, the Raptors wouldn't have to face one of them until the ECF, but still. I feel like we've been good, but not really all together yet. 

Tbh if the Bucks play Toronto Kawhi will erase him and the Raptors will win in like 5. They'll have problems  against Boston and Philly because they don't have one guy that happens to be a wing that they can just throw Kawhi at and Gasol is smart and big enough to back him up in the post l. They'll make they'll turn the Greek Freak into a jump shooter and Stevens and Boston will do the same if they play the Bucks. So far I think you have to say it will come down to Boston on Toronto because Philly has to prove they can beat the best teams in the conference. I think they have the potential because they've been very good against the west. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
×