GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Taking Woodstock. Typical Ang Lee fare, by that I mean a gay coming of age story, centered around the months leading up to Woodstock. Not bad, but wish it was a little more soundtrack heavy.

Paul. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) have done it again in the world of parody films. The movie was fucking hilarious. 9.5/10

Limitless. It was nice to see a fairly original story for once. I love seeing a protagonist doing exactly what almost any normal human being would do with those "powers". I give it a solid 8/10.

Paul. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) have done it again in the world of parody films. The movie was fucking hilarious. 9.5/10

Limitless. It was nice to see a fairly original story for once. I love seeing a protagonist doing exactly what almost any normal human being would do with those "powers". I give it a solid 8/10.

Hopefully you were high when you saw Paul. The only real way to watch a Seth Rogen movie.

Grown Ups

Hopefully you were high when you saw Paul. The only real way to watch a Seth Rogen movie.

JD gets high? What?

JD gets high? What?

Lol, no. But getting high is a requirement before entering a Seth Rogen movie. I think everyone knows this. haha. And being that Chia gave it a 9.5 out of... 10 I assume. He had to be high...

Edited by Favre4Ever

Unlawful Entry.

Ray fucking Liotta.

Lol, no. But getting high is a requirement before entering a Seth Rogen movie. I think everyone knows this. haha. And being that Chia gave it a 9.5 out of... 10 I assume. He had to be high...

So you do get high.

Never been high a single day of my life. Sure a 9.5 is extreme, especially for a comedy, but it was damn funny and I was excited to give it a rating.

Battle: LA

I liked it. See below for an, IMO, accurate review.

Battle: LA

I thought it was pretty darn good. Aaron Eckhart was awesome. But like most action flicks, it was kinda mind numbing. Did you wonder why the bad ass trailer had no dialogue? Well.. that's because there are a few good pieces and that's it. Felt like one big campaign to join the Marine Corps... But overall, I enjoyed it.

Paul

I liked it. I'm a big fan of Pegg and Frost and some what of Rogen who, IMO, was perfect for the role of Paul. It wasn't all out hilarious or their best work, but it did it's job for me. I laughed.

• Upvote 1

Operation : Endgame - that movie sucked...hardcore.

Gamer

Let me begin by saying I went into this having little to no expectations. I didn't think it looked that good, even in the trailer, but I love Gerard Butler. With that said... I think the movie was actually WORSE then I thought it was going to be.

It's like Death Race minus the racing and minus the awesome. I would have thought that a majority of the movie would have taken place in the other "gaming" reality. But it doesn't. You get MAYBE, 20 out of the 90 minutes in the "gaming" world, and that's being generous.

The editing is crazy retarded. There are no explanations for... well, anything. No depth to the characters at all. The director/producer didn't know where they wanted to go with this movie. Lacked direction. It was a pathetic mix between action, thriller, and drama.

With that said... I find TWO... count them, TWO somewhat redeeming qualities.

1) The ending was actually decent. The first 1/2 - 3/4 of the movie are exactly like I mentioned about. Confused, no direction, bad dialogue, bad action... bad everything. But the last 20 minutes or so kind of ironed out the kinks and gave you a decent finish. In no way does it make up for the rest of the film which was utter shit... but yo uget the idea

2) Michael C. Hall (who you know as the actor who plays Dexter on Dexter) is a bloody genius. He plays the villain SO WELL. Oh man... The only SUPERB part of this movie was Hall. His performance was spectacular. And that's saying a lot being that he was surrounded by talentless shit stains everywhere. He was so maniacal and insanely awesome.... He was born to play role(s) like this. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

But other than those two things. Avoid this movie.

I kinda want to watch the movie just based on #2.

• Upvote 1

I kinda want to watch the movie just based on #2.

That would be the only reason I would ask anyone to watch it. It's on Netflix Instant if interested.

Otherwise you can just watch these:

There are a couple other scenes, but I can't find them.

The Karate Kid (new version)

I actually liked this movie a lot more than I thought. Jaden Smith is a pretty good actor and Jackie Chans crappy dialogue actually worked for this role. I liked how they changed up the story in terms of setting and what not. Most of the time, I'm not a fan of classic remakes but this one was worthwhile. Not saying it was great or anything but worth checking out.

The Fighter - lived up to the hype IMO, and Christian Bale did a good job..even though his character was annoying in the beginning.

The Karate Kid (new version)

I actually liked this movie a lot more than I thought. Jaden Smith is a pretty good actor and Jackie Chans crappy dialogue actually worked for this role. I liked how they changed up the story in terms of setting and what not. Most of the time, I'm not a fan of classic remakes but this one was worthwhile. Not saying it was great or anything but worth checking out.

Glad someone agrees with me. :). I went to the movie in the theaters with a bunch of friends and they were all like "Booo, this sucks, booooo". I honestly didn't think it was all that bad. Pretty good, actually. It was no master piece, but for a remake of an all-time classic? I thought they did a good job. I thought Jaden did well, and I actually loved Jackie Chan...

• Upvote 1

Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

I think I may love Jayma Mays.

Also, new Karate Kid > Old Karate Kid

Sucker Punch. Hot chicks kicking ass. Does it get any better? (other than naked hot chicks kicking ass)

Sucker Punch. Hot chicks kicking ass. Does it get any better? (other than naked hot chicks kicking ass)

Not that I am incapable of making my own opinion.... But, Richard Roeper gave that a D, and it is sitting at.... 20% on rotten tomatoes. haha. My friend also saw it today and thought it was quite awful. I know we have established that you have different taste in films... but yikes. hehe :corn:

Lincoln Lawyer

Man, Matthew McConaughey really can act... I was beginning to doubt him there for a while. Total baller. And I LOVE law / court movies. So awesome. I just loved it from start to finish. It's fun... and not dumbed down much, if it all. It's a great story, and has twists that really keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more. Excellent, excellent movie. One of the best of the year, although that may not be saying much at the end of March :shrug:. I HIGHLY recommend this.

Due Date

Pretty funny movie. Downy Jr. kicked ass like he usually does and Zach Galifianakis played his role well, though I'd like to see him branch out a bit as an actor after this movie.

I'd give it a nice 8.5/10

Streets of Blood

I feel bad for Val Kilmer. He deserves better. And what is with the obsession of taking talentless rappers and transforming them into talentless actors? Curtis Jackson is not only a terrible actor, but he makes every actor around him look just as bad. Don't try to findfor any redeeming qualities, because there are none to be found.

I watched the Departed again. Good Movie.