GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Monuments Men. Not bad, but it was not exactly what I thought it was going to be. Tried to take the top of the seriousness with A LOT of humor, relative to what you would expect.

Captain Phillips - 8/10. Tom Hanks was on top of his game in this one. Pretty good movie, the pacing was just a tad slow for my liking and the 2nd half dragged a bit, but an enjoyable movie. If it was anyone except for Tom Hanks then I think I would have liked it a lot less though.

Kind of shocked Hanks wasn't at least nominated for Best Actor.

The Somali pirate was great as well.

Edited by BradyFan81

Gravity - fucking excellent

Event Horizon - decent, but not very scary at all

Europa Report - excellent... not quite Gravity level, but it was a very intriguing and engaging sci-fi thriller that didn't go above and beyond with implausibilities

Robocop.

I have to say, I was worried going in. I loved the first one.. Loved the acting, loved the over the top crazy ass shit that was going on. And the original was just super gore, super violent, super cruel the entire time... And I really didn't think this movie could replicate (or even try) those same elements.

The film didn't have the gore, extreme violence, or extreme cruelty the original did. What they did though was about as best as they could, IMO. They didn't have the same over arching whackiness, but instead had really good confined moments. Moments that were just over the top, funny in a weird 'why is this happening' good kind of way.

They did spend A LOT of time seemingly on the build up.. Wish there were a couple more crazy kind of moments action wise, but over all I can't complain. There were MANY kind of little throwbacks to the original you will pick up on which were super fun.. And overall I just thought it was VERY VERY entertaining.

Not the greatest movie ever.. They didn't do anything revolutionary. But it was just really entertaining, and that's what I wanted out of a Robocop remake.

Also, Laurence Fisburne was amazing. Absolutely hilarious -- especially the ending. Almost died laughing, as did most of the rest of the theater.

• Upvote 2

Robocop. I pretty much completely agree with everything Favre said about the movie. It certainly wasn't great, but it wasn't as horrible as I expected. I was almost tempted to walk out in the first 10 minutes, it was so cheesy. But after that, I was totally entertained.

Ender's Game.

Quite a bit better than I was expecitng.

This Is the End: It was funny, good movie, but not great. Definitely not hilarious. There weren't any moments where I was dying laughing. Was just more of the quick "hahaha" type laughs throughout. Jonah Hill's character I thought was the funniest. Danny McBride's schtick got old a long time ago. Craig Robinson was good too.

I'd give it a solid B-, no moments really stuck out to me as being memorable. I get what they were doing, they were sort of making fun of other apocalypse type movies, but it just wasn't that funny to me. There was one scene where James Franco found cum on his magazine and confronted Danny McBride about it that I'm sure was supposed to be one of the funniest parts of the movie but I just sat there stonefaced throughout.

James Franco was hilarious in Pineapple Express but in this one I thought his acting was horrible, not sure why but I couldn't fine anything he said funny because I just thought his acting was so bad. Not sure if that was just me or if other people thought that.

It feels like comedy movies are always better in the theatres.

Edited by BradyFan81

This Is the End: It was funny, good movie, but not great. Definitely not hilarious. There weren't any moments where I was dying laughing. Was just more of the quick "hahaha" type laughs throughout. Jonah Hill's character I thought was the funniest. Danny McBride's schtick got old a long time ago. Craig Robinson was good too.

I'd give it a solid B-, no moments really stuck out to me as being memorable. I get what they were doing, they were sort of making fun of other apocalypse type movies, but it just wasn't that funny to me. There was one scene where James Franco found cum on his magazine and confronted Danny McBride about it that I'm sure was supposed to be one of the funniest parts of the movie but I just sat there stonefaced throughout.

James Franco was hilarious in Pineapple Express but in this one I thought his acting was horrible, not sure why but I couldn't fine anything he said funny because I just thought his acting was so bad. Not sure if that was just me or if other people thought that.

It feels like comedy movies are always better in the theatres.

It's funny as soon as you said there were no moments you were dying laughing I was immediately going to mention the James Franco/Danny McBride magazine scene. Me, my friends and the whole theater were dying for about a minute with laughter.

I don't think I've seen a movie in theaters since Anchorman 2. May have to catch that new version. I also want to see the Lego Movie.

Think I might pop in some Superbad tonight for old times sake. :yep:

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Rewatched Dinner For Schmucks :rofl:

It's funny as soon as you said there were no moments you were dying laughing I was immediately going to mention the James Franco/Danny McBride magazine scene. Me, my friends and the whole theater were dying for about a minute with laughter.

I don't think I've seen a movie in theaters since Anchorman 2. May have to catch that new version. I also want to see the Lego Movie.

Think I might pop in some Superbad tonight for old times sake. :yep:

I'm not trying to be different by going against what other people think is funny, I guess that scene just didn't click for me. I'm sure if I saw it in theatres I would have been lmao at that part.

My favorite part was when *spoiler* Danny McBride tried to shoot and kill everyone in the house but the bullets were blanks. I thought that was pretty hilarious.

I watched it a 2nd time and I'm not sure why I thought James Franco was so bad, he was fine. Danny McBride was funnier than I gave him credit for too. Really funny movie, probably the funniest movie I've seen since Horrible Bosses.

Edited by BradyFan81

I am sad you feel the way you do. That is one of the funniest movies I have seen in years. So many great moments, I don't know if I can even name a favorite.

Michael Cera, the "let's do all the drugs" scene, the possession / exorcism scene, the "rape" scene when emma watson comes back, channing tatum, the backstreet boys...

And my favorite scene.. James Franco's death.

SOOOOO many other ones, too. They hit on just about every joke in the movie, IMO.

• Upvote 1

I am sad you feel the way you do. That is one of the funniest movies I have seen in years. So many great moments, I don't know if I can even name a favorite.

Michael Cera, the "let's do all the drugs" scene, the possession / exorcism scene, the "rape" scene when emma watson comes back, channing tatum, the backstreet boys...

And my favorite scene.. James Franco's death.

SOOOOO many other ones, too. They hit on just about every joke in the movie, IMO.

Best part of the movie by far, rofl.

Enders game. Liked the book enough to read all of the sequels, which were good but not as good.

Thought the movie had pacing issues and the subject matter maybe didn't relate well to a big budget sci fi flick. It wasn't too slow, it went too fast over explaining some things but somehow also went too fast over the action sequences.

• Upvote 1

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg continue to line-up more work. Word today from Collider is that the two men are going to be writing and directing an adaption of the upcoming book "Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation" by Blake J. Harris.

The non-fiction work is due out this May and details the battle between Sega and Nintendo in the early 1990s for space in the living rooms of video game enthusiasts. The movie rights were bought by Sony Pictures and producer Scott Rudin who then brought on Rogen and Goldberg to write and direct.

HitFix

Finally got around to watching This Is The End.

I'm definitely going contrarian on this one. Everyone whose seen it has told me how funny it was.

Danny McBride dumping all the water out then attempting to kill the rest of them on his way out: only moment I found myself laughing.

Other than that, pretty awful movie.

Don't worry about Godzilla, Bryan. You're not in danger, you ARE the danger.

Finally got around to watching This Is The End.

I'm definitely going contrarian on this one. Everyone whose seen it has told me how funny it was.

Danny McBride dumping all the water out then attempting to kill the rest of them on his way out: only moment I found myself laughing.

Other than that, pretty awful movie.

You are contrarian in terms of our board alone. Your conclusion is similar to that of other old people. Not exactly ground-breaking.

...I'm not that old. :dry:

Watched "Rubber" and "The Doors" on Netflix. Rubber was funny in a weird sort of way. And The Doors is a classic even though a lot of it is supposedly inaccurate.

Yes, you are. :troll:

Pompeii.

It was your typical gladiator-esquee movie with a contrived love story that threw it out of balance. If they focused more on the epic action and fighting scenes, this could have been a really solid movie. Still good, still entertaining. The camera work and visuals were really really nice. Unlike most movies, it looked like the 3D may pay off... But I didn't see it in 3D so... lol

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/rumor-a-new-matrix-trilogy-is-in-the-works

We’ve heard about a return to the world of the Matrix on the big screen here and there over the years, but now a new report indicates that Warner Bros. and series creators the Wachowski siblings are moving ahead on a new trilogy in the series.

Latino Review has the scoop, saying that the Wachowskis have started the writing process and have turned in treatments and outlines to Warners. It’s not clear whether or not they’ll direct the films, if they actually come to pass.

Also not clear: Whether or not Keanu Reeves or any original cast members will return. LR does say one of the early outlines is about the birth of the Matrix, which would predate Neo.

This is all very early in the process, obviously, and that’s assuming that LR’s sources are even correct. But if they are -- which they usually are -- what do you guys think? Is a return to the Matrix in order?

I typically despise prequels, but I actually think this could work.

I try to reserve my posts in this section to new movies, however I just watched the original "The Karate Kid". It always gives me goose bumps when he comes back out