GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

I am just going to see it in the theater, worth the money to stick it to the moronic North Korean government.

It's only being shown in small indie theaters, as far as I know.

edit, I'm wrong. It had limited release in major cinemas today. Glad we're not negotiating with no terrorists.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Ya, only one theater in my state is getting it and they ae thankfully in the town next to me. I think I am going to get 6-7 friends to go with.. Although as we all get older, it's a lot harder to organize a single time to go. lol

You sit on a throne of lies.

But nah, that designation falls upon The Christmas Story.

Christmas Story is a pretty good call. I just don't get the appeal of Elf.... I will probably never see Elf again. I will watch the Christmas Story though (and other much better, classic Christmas movies ;) )

10891563_10152844737685073_2759037695686

Saw Interstellar for the third time. It has its faults, yes, but it's so fucking epic and I love it. Christopher Nolan is probably my favorite modern director (though I still love Michael Mann if he counts).

"Cooper, that's not possible!"

"No, it's necessary."

• Upvote 2

The Imitation Game.

Bubblebath Cucumber is pretty good at acting. If only he had a name that made sense.

• Upvote 2

^^ My favorite actor, hands down.

His portrayal of Sherlock Holmes is downright amazing.

Saw Interstellar for the third time. It has its faults, yes, but it's so fucking epic and I love it. Christopher Nolan is probably my favorite modern director (though I still love Michael Mann if he counts).

"Cooper, that's not possible!"

"No, it's necessary."

Having studied relativity for a period this last semester, I understood what was going on. Crazy shit how time dilation works at such high speeds.

The Grand Budapest Hotel. One of the lol funniest Wes Anderson movies, IMO.

Finally got around to watching Django Unchained, Blazing Saddles, and Suspect Zero. Django was fucking phenomenal, Saddles was hilarious, and Zero was pretty decent.

Big Hero 6 - 9/10 - Prolly my fav Disney movie in a while. Baymax is adorable as shit. Would give a 10 for the animation genre but the whole movie felt like it was trying to move ahead too fast. Too much ground to cover I guess.

The Hobbit 3 - 5ish/10 - For the record, I had absolutely no problem splitting the book into three movies. I thought it would give it a chance to really flesh everything out and tell a complete story. Instead, Peter Jackson decided to fill time with the hokeyest fucking dumb shit imaginable, ridiculous nonsensical action scenes, and a bunch of garbage that wasn't even remotely in the book. Martin Freeman and Ian McKellan barely hold this last one together, but fuck Peter Jackson for pretty much ruining this opportunity.

• Upvote 1

Boyhood

It certainly was a different concept. The movie filmed over a twelve year period using the same actors to show the true growth without finding actors that look like they could be the same person.

The plot is almost too simple. It's really just the life of a boy and his family up until he goes to college. Ethan Hawke plays the boy's father, and is really the only big name actor in this film. I found it interesting that it took place in Houston and San Marcos. There were a lot of places that I recognized which was cool.

Overall I'd give the movie a 6.9/10. For the simple movie did keep me captivated for most of the story, but I don't think I'd ever have/want to see the movie a 2nd time.

Edited by FartWaffles

I am so far behind on movies I want to see right now... Ugh. I used to go to the theater 1-2 times a week.. Haven't gone more than that in a month in the last 3 or so months. Very unlike me.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Really, really, good. Sucks that it's not getting a sequel 'til '17,

The Hobbit I and II. The Desolation of Smaug I think is better than any of the LOTR movies.

!!!!

Blasphemy, sir!

• Upvote 1

Taken 3... I was worried going into it... There was as much ass kicking as I would have liked, but I thought it was a lot better than Taken 2. Can't wait for Taken 4.

Into the Woods

7/10

It was excellent for what it was, but it isn't my kind of movie. I only ended up seeing it because nothing else out appealed to me.

No one saw American Sniper yet?

I saw it on Friday night. Loved it. Bradley Cooper was superb and Eastwood produced a great movie as per usual. I've never been to a movie where everyone was dead silent walking out of it. I've been hearing that was the reaction all over the country, too. I'm glad to see this type of movie had that effect on the audience.

I was also happy to see it absolutely CRUSHED at the box office this weekend.

Edited by Maverick
  • Upvote 1

Taken 3... I was worried going into it... There was as much ass kicking as I would have liked, but I thought it was a lot better than Taken 2. Can't wait for Taken 4.

I just saw that one this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it, it went in a completely different direction from 1 and 2, but I thought it ended up with a better story