GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Split - 8/10

I had no idea that this was a Shyamalan film until we sat down--I was there to see James McAvoy (a favorite of mine since Wanted).

Growing up I was always able to look past cheesiness, poor acting, et cetera when the story was engaging enough to spur my imagination. Shyamalan films generally fell into this category as I think my gf and I are the only two people in the world that actively enjoy The Village.

That being said, there were a few problems with the movie that might've dropped other films, but McAvoy's performance and the story got me there and that's why I'm at a solid 8.

There's not a lot to say about an M. Night film that won't spoil it, but I will say that the cinematography, especially during the set up phase of the movie, was on point.

Ending spoiler:

Unbreakable was always one of my favorites growing up and finding out at the end that this was almost a sequel was amazing. Apparently Shyamalan has an outline for a third film???

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

John Wick 2 - 8/10

Gave it 2 #s off because of a slow pace within the movie, but definitely a very good follow up to the first one. Cannot WAIT for Chapter 3. The ending capitalized on the best part of the film.

• Upvote 1

Keanu Reeves -- getting Vin off the goat farm since 1990.

BTW -- Mr. I Act As Well As A Cardboard Cutout of Myself is 52? That seems unreal to me.

If only I had been able to see the first one in theaters.

I think my gf and I are the only two people in the world that actively enjoy The Village.

Hi.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

• Upvote 1

Split.

Really really good. James McAvoy is masterful. Best M. Night movie in over a decade (not really any competition though, to be fair). My 2nd favorite M. Night movie ever.Hopefully there is another, and it seems like there will be.

I don't want to just copy Zack, but 9 seems too much and 7 sells it short. 8/10 is a nice and deserved rating for this.

I haven't seen every x-men movie but I'm pretty confident Logan is the best one by a lot.

Gotti.

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Poor John Goodman.

He makes that movie, IMO. Really underrated actor.

Been watching a lot of movies lately and catching up on some recent ones.

The Revenant: 9/10 bruuuutal

Mad Max: Fury Road: 7/10 Lacked depth but was fun and interesting to watch from start to finish.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007): 6/10 strong cast with some great scenes but overall it was pretty dull.

The Impossible: 8.5/10 This one is a gem on Netflix, involving a family on vacation in Thailand who endure a Tsunami.

Hush: 5.5/10 Home invasion movie involving a deaf girl, if you are bored and like the genre..check it out on netflix.

You're Next: 4/10 Another home invasion movie, the plot is ridiculous and it killed the potential of the film.

Kong: Skull Island, 8/10. Really liked this movie and I'm intrigued with Lengendary's monsterverse.

Kong: Skull Island 7/10

First off,

Poor John Goodman

Now, the movie.

For such a cast of names, they certainly don't do much. You could pretty much just throw anyone in there and have the same result, but I guess with a monster movie that's what you want. Though it would be nice if the cast was used and not just there to randomly die.

Kong's fun. Kong fighting stuff is fun.

I'm really unsure of what to think about John C. Reilly's character. It just feels so weird, tonally, but then the whole movie is weird tonally. Random music everywhere (though not nearly as random as that King Arthur preview that had Zeppelin's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You in it. Wat.), but Run Through the Jungle was a really nice touch.

Some nice moments, but largely kinda meh. Actually meh might be too strong, it just isn't as good as it could've been. But then I loved the most recent Godzilla and a lot of people hated that, so what do I know.

Post credit scene got me hype (post-credit should never be a thing. Mid-credit or nothing at all). Though I am concerned that the new Godzilla director is gonna butcher Godzilla's character from the first movie, so that dampens my excitement a lil bit. (I get the feeling that what I want out of Godzilla is not what the vast majority of people want),

So, in the end, worth a watch. Not great. Not awful.

There's gonna be 4 fucking monsters in Godzilla 2, there should be NO actors allowed in that movie, lol.

I went and saw both Kong and Get Out. Both fun movies.

Just give me big monsters fighting and destroying things and I'm happy. I don't know what Vin is talking about with all this "character" nonsense. More fucked up CGI creature things please.

Get Out was so funny. Whoever played the TSA agent was awesome.

There's gonna be 4 fucking monsters in Godzilla 2, there should be NO actors allowed in that movie, lol.

But I really want to know how Bryan cranston's son's marriage is going! Wasn't that everyone else's favorite part of the first one?

Beauty & The Beast. Visually stunning. I thought it was really good but still missing something.

Some real umph. The Jungle Book took some serious liberties while this one was more by the book.

Goon. Goon 2 just came out so perfect timing to see the first one!

The Big Short. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Fences. 3/10

Viola Davis' character keeps this fom being a 1/10. It truly was a horrible movie. Mainly because the father (Denzel) embodied every single negative characteristic that black men are known for and his only redeeming quality is he shows up for work.

I won't say more but it really was a shit movie. I am still not sure what the plaot was and what the end result was supposed to be or what response to illicit...maybe a triumph for good black women, I don't know. It was shit.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

POWER RANGERS

Hell yaaaaaaaaaaa.

I really loved Power Rangers. Well done imo.

Bryan Cranston's 2nd best acting credit of his career.

I want to get around to Power Rangers as it looks hella dope.

Watched Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them last night and it was really. Eddie Resmond nailed Newt and along with the other three main characters they all worked well. Considering this will be 5 films I'm looking forward to the rest and it's a better start than the original Harry Potter series