GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Yall remember the pictures I posted from the Teen Titans set? How the directors said dont worry, it's just the start of costume design, etc.

Welp.

I present a Teen Titans trailer that actually looks worse than that abomination they call Teen Titans Go:

Looks like a fan made project.... a poorly made fan project...

Love how people think Titans is a film lol.

I didnt say it was a film, I'm well aware its a TV series. Still looks like shit.

I didnt say it was a film, I'm well aware its a TV series. Still looks like shit.

This is the last movie you watched thread.

• Downvote 2

This is the last movie you watched thread.

Oh no I posted it on the wrong thread. You are one condescending dude, Sparty.

Also other thread was basically dead, outside of Sean posting once in June, hadn't been posted in two months.

Edited by Thanatos

Damn.

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl triggered all of my emotions to an uncomfortable degree lol. Great movie.

I did not know these existed:

Edited by Thanatos

The Equalizer 2: Generally just a fun popcorn flick. If you want to see Denzel murdering dudes while pretending to have a conscience and moral compass, this one was better than the first. 7/10

A Simple Favor: This one didn't know whether it wanted to be a thriller or a comedy. Sometimes the humour was on point, but often times it went together like orange juice and brushing your teeth. Blake Lively was hot though. 3/10

Deadpool 2: Good humour, but the plot beats were really trite and boring. I suppose that's about all you could expect really. I enjoyed it, but would never recommend seeing it a second time. 6/10

When the trailer music syncs up with a gunshot just right ?

Halloween. 

It was ass, like complete and total shot. No character development good 15 to 20 minute lapses of nothing going on. A garbage final act, it was just a shit movie. I am disappointed, fans of the original deserved better.

• Upvote 2

I totally don't blame anyone for feeling that way. And I actually agree with the character development part outside of Laurie. 

That said, they made this movie with people like me in mind. They gave me the overdose on nostalgia I was looking for. I shrieked out loud with nostalgic excitement a few times. So while I can recognize that it is not a great movie, I still enjoyed it nevertheless. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I totally don't blame anyone for feeling that way. And I actually agree with the character development part outside of Laurie. 

That said, they made this movie with people like me in mind. They gave me the overdose on nostalgia I was looking for. I shrieked out loud with nostalgic excitement a few times. So while I can recognize that it is not a great movie, I still enjoyed it nevertheless. 

SPOILERS

SPOILERS.

I WARNED YOU.

See, I am in the same boat. I am an Absolute genre nut who love the first one.I thought it was one of the most groundbreaking horror movies ever made, and I absolutely saw this is a chance for it to build on something and make this franchise unequivocally the greatest of the slasher films.

The problem was there was Zero plot development. You have him in a mental Asylum, he escapes. That parallels the series, which I thought was a decent start, and then there was a pretty good action sequence after that.

Then boom, here's Laurie strode's daughter who has an estranged relationship with her, and the only thing we ever get out of it is that it was because she was trying to prepare her for evil incarnate. And it's a bunch of whining and incessant bitching, and there's a granddaughter who there's absolutely zero development of the character for, and Laurie Strode is played as a loon throughout the entire movie.

Come to find out she is correct common he's indeed after her. Then there's the final showdown with her and her family, and the most anti-climactic ending, and final "gotcha" phrase in recent memory. It was almost as bad as Busta Rhymes "Burn Muthafucka" line.

then there's the crazed dr. Loomis replacement that has no backstory, place a prominent role for two whole scenes, and then just vanishes.

I thought the movie was atrocious, I really was expecting so much better from this film. I got installed you from the very beginning, and the first two or three minutes when he first on the mask, and then 10 minutes and I figured out this was going to be nothing like the great memories from the past.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, it's hard for me to disagree with most of that. There are some things that I interpreted differently:

I believe it was the intent all along to make this movie as close to 100% about Laurie Strode as possible. Part of it goes back to the nostalgia factor, and part of it goes to Jamie Lee Curtis' experience with these movies. And further still, I believe they were trying to right the wrong of killing Laurie off so quickly in Halloween: Resurrection. 

The Dr. Loomis ripoff was terrible. No disagreements here, though his death scene was cool at least. 

I also kinda liked the gotcha moment at the end. As strong as Laurie was in the original, she couldn't beat Michael alone. Here she seems stronger than ever abd even takes the role of hunter, but still she needed help to get rid of him for good. Kinda fitting that her "ruined" daughter was the one to help. 

The granddaughter seems useless at first glance, but we needed lots of youth in the form of her and her friends to stay true to the spirit of the original. The only difference is this time the plot didn't revolve around the youth, but they were necessary nonetheless.

Moments that made me go OHH:

- The granddaughter looking out the window and seeing Laurie randomly, just as Laurie saw Michael the same way 40 years ago.

- The kids walking on the same sidewalk where Michael hid behind the bushes in plain daylight in 1978. Also the trick or treaters wearing the masks from Halloween 3: Season of the Witch and running into Michael.

- Michael throwing Laurie out of the window then seeing her shadow matted into the grass where she fell and escaped just as Dr. Loomis had done to him in 1978.

- "Do as I say!" - Laurie

There were others, but these stood out the most.

So I heard this and thought it was a joke, but its not, and the trailer makes me think it just might be that awesome cult classic kind of movie. In order to sell you on watching the trailer, do you want to hear Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu? Of course you do:

Edited by Thanatos

I had no idea this was happening, but it looks a lot better than I'd have imagined. Very Howard the Duck/Labyrinth feel to it added with Pokemon = nostalgia overload. The way they made most of the Pokemon look was actually pretty sweet.

• Upvote 1

I watched Hunter Killer last week. For a popcorn sort of action flick, it was really enjoyable. Lots of tension, really good action scenes, and Gary Oldman got billed way too highly for the role he had in the movie. If anything the supporting actor of that film was Michael Nyqvist (Rest in peace). It's a solid 7.5/10 movie.

Edited by RazorStar
my autocorrect thinks I'm a time traveler.

Wreck it Ralph 2 was pretty damn good. Pixar level of quality and storytelling. The scene at the end- both of them- were hilarious and worth staying for.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, Vin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77W5Q1qK00

Interesting direction they're taking this. Seems like it sorta works, though who can really tell from just a trailer.

Long live the king.

:megusta:

Edited by Vin

He kills someone with a book, yo.

Bumblebee ! A transformers movie where the humans aren’t totally worthless (John Cena is pretty cheesy tho) and I’m not craving nonstop robot fighting. 

Being a prequel to the LayBoof movies, idk how it would work but I’d like to see more transformers of this ilk. 

Finally got around to seeing Solo.

As a Star Wars movie, it's pretty good.  As a Han Solo movie though, it's really bad, which sorta retroactively makes it a bad Star Wars movie.  Ehrenreich has the look, but everything else is wrong. I don't really know how you channel Harrison Ford, but maybe it's better not to try in order for it to not become unrecognizable.

Disney would've been better off dropping this as a Solo origin and instead spinning it off into something original without the lore fanservice.

Long live L3.

Edited by Vin

I keep opening this thread hoping someone's seen Glass and will tell me whether it's worth seeing in theaters

On 1/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, Vin said:

Disney would've been better off dropping this as a Solo origin and instead spinning it off into something original without the lore fanservice.

But then we'd never know how Han Solo got his last name!!!