GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

American Hustle.

"Space oven."

Captain America: Winter Soldier

What an atrocious fucking movie. I'm pissed that I wasted money on that travesty. And people seriously think that shit is the best Marvel movie so far?

I don't understand the fucking Milla-level hype surrounding the Marvel movies right now; they're average to poor in most cases. The action scenes are decent, but the story in between is muddled with stupid shit like Scarlet Johansson "being hot", forced love stories like the Thor/Natalie Portman bullshit, and MORONIC, cheesy fucking acting and one-liners.

The only redeeming quality of the entire Marvel universe at the moment is Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark, and even that they've fucked up by making the same fucking movie three times over where "Tony's an asshole and he needs to develop and grow as a person, because the real battle is not with his enemies, but his own hubris". Fucking give me a break already.

I'm glad the X-Men and Spiderman movies are being done by other studios, because they've been vastly superior, even if they themselves didn't knock my socks off.

Oh, and don't think I went in with a pessimistic attitude, expecting to despise it. I was actually excited for the second Captain America going in. I thought the first movie was one of the better Marvel films and the Winter Soldier storyline seemed pretty cool.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Pacific Rim again. Still liked it.

I saw Oculus on Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised. It's less about jump out and scare you moments and more about messing with your mind and bending what's real and what's not, what real thoughts you have and what aren't. If you're doing other things and not focusing on the movie it probably won't be as good (such as some guy near me who said it sucked but was on his phone the whole time texting) but if you let the movie soak you in it really messes with your mind. I loved it and looking forward to a (probable) sequel. Only problem I had was the ending was pretty predictable about 20 minutes into the movie.

And Vin that Godzilla trailer looks awesome.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

(such as some guy near me who said it sucked but was on his phone the whole time texting)

Few things piss me off more, especially in a movie theater...

• Upvote 1

(such as some guy near me who said it sucked but was on his phone the whole time texting)

Few things piss me off more, especially in a movie theater...

Very annoying. Especially when they can't even have the decency to turn their brightness down. He was in a different section but if he was in front of me or really close where it was very distracting I would've asked for him to get rid of it.

I don't bring out my phone at all during a movie but I understand if you check it once or twice throughout the movies. Whatever. But to be constantly on it especially during a horror movie in which you're not going to get the full effect unless you wrap yourself into it....save yourself $10 and save the people around you. Please.

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Upvote 1

And Vin that Godzilla trailer looks awesome.

:yep:

The Oppenheimer trailer they released at comic-con last year piqued my interest. But I think this has a good shot of actually being a good movie, which being Godzilla, I wasn't really expecting.

The more I watch TV/movies with people the more I realize that people just don't watch like I do. I'm way into what I watch. I pay attention to every word, every detail, every movement, every everything. Most people play with their phones and will pay attention to ten minutes of a one hour show. It's weird.

I'm with you there. I always pause shit when my girlfriend gets up to get a drink or whatever and she acts like I'm nuts. "Just play it, I'm watching!"

You're not watching if you just missed that silent glance between characters that carried as much dialogue with it as the last four minutes.

"Wait, why are the glasses significant?"

"Well, Larry picked them up and put them into his pocket at the beginning of the movie while you were simultaneously browsing Facebook on your phone and fishing the jug of tea out of the fridge."

"Oh, well I was watching."

*Sigh*

• Upvote 1

What's the point of watching movies if you are going to go play with you phone the entire time or not.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't get non-active TV/film watchers. My ex used to do that all the time. She would just put things on and multitask on her laptop or phone. Then at a big part of the movie where I'm really drawn in she has the gall to ask, "wait I don't get it, why did..." which always just has me going

stephenahand.png

Then she would get upset that I was annoyed by having to pause it and explain to her. Her excuse was she used TV/film only to veg out. Which I get, but that ain't me so needless to say we ain't together anymore.

7q7n.png

Draft Day. Worse than expected. Down syndrome monkeys could have probably made a draft look more realistic. They don't give you much of a clue how successful these made up college players really were. Only went to see it because I had nothing to do tonight. I should have done that instead.

The Browns end up making two RGIII type deals and end up taking two supposedly really amazing prospects, and that's basically all they get. The movie places all the emphasis on the first 7 picks and doesn't give you any information on anybody selected beyond that in the whole draft. Then at the end of the movie the running back and the linebacker they take lead the team out of the tunnel week one and that's literally the end of the movie.

Trident, don't watch this movie. You won't want to live anymore.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As a Browns fan I think it's obligatory to see it but yeah it looked awful, most likely is awful just as you've said.

Edited by Barracuda

I only really go to the movies if I think my viewing would be enhanced by the large screen. The last time I went to the movies was for Pacific Rim which was epic. Hopefully Godzilla will be as good as that was. I've heard good things about this director too so my expectations are high.

I watched 'Don Jon' last night. It was surprisingly really good, not what I was expecting at all.

Ghostbusters cause greatest comedy ever.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It hasn't been reviewing well, but I enjoyed it quite a bit, it was not perfect and had some awkward dialog, but Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are excellent in their roles. The filmmakers completely botched a couple of elements and threw me off (not in a bad way) with another.

I would give it a 7.5/10.

Hellraiser II. Better than the first. On to III tonight.

I really liked the Amazing Spiderman 2. There were a couple oddball parts but nothing that turned me off. Unlike a lot of people, I loved Jamie Foxx. Garfield was my least favorite part, which was consistent with the first one. I just don't think he's a great Peter Parker... solid Spidey though.

Hellraiser IV :shifty:

Don Jon - Kinda disappointed. Solid movie, but there were so many little things that annoyed me and it built up... Tony Danza... Annoying sister who the camera pans to while she is on her phone no less than 12 times... The stupid artificial person the main character falls in love with.. Their accents. Just ugh... lol

Amazing Spider Man -- Loved it. The best SM movie, yet, IMO. Jamie Foxx was bad, but not as bad as some made him out to be. The role could have most definitely been better casted though. Foxx shouldn't be in a super hero movie ever again. James Garfield is also a great spider man. I enjoy how the writers are using more of the cockiness / confidence / and sarcastic kind of humor that Spider-Man is so well known for in these movies... Toby Maguire's Peter / Spidey was just so depressing and heavily influenced by the nerd stereotype that it didn't work at all.

Kinda pissed the after=credits was just an X Men spot, but other than that... Very nice.

300 Rise of an Empire. Was not amused for the most part...

Who really liked Now you See Me ? Seems like something I'd thoroughly enjoy.

Was decent, but not as good as I was hoping.

I did, I loved it. I realize reviews don't back me up.. but that's okay. I make my own reviews. :smug::D