GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

That's what you call the "Dark Knight Rises Paradox" lol

JUst got back from XMen... It's amazing. God like in every way. One of my personal favorite movies OF ALL TIME I think... It's just.... Amazing. AMAZING. I really don't have anything else to say. Brilliance.

My thoughts exactly. This movie had EVERYTHING. Truly probably one of the best films I've ever went to the movies to go see. I'd have no problem going to the movies to see it again.

I don't know...I thought X-Men was really good but I didn't really blow my load over it.

I watched Godzilla for a second time. I was completely sober this time, so it was way more enjoyable and made much more sense. I thought I remembered everything, but clearly I didn't. :laugh:

I'd give it a solid 9/10. Pretty much agree with Vin.

Alright so I am thoroughly confused.

I'll start with Amazing Spiderman 2, which was a pretty good action flick I am simply unsure why they did this, and I did not like it at all, as it seemed forced:

the fact that they killed Gwen Stacy right at the end. Now I'm not a Spidey nerd, but does he get with Mary Jane in all series, and that's why Gwen had to go? It just seemed forced and honestly rather dark after he's seeing her father around all the time and then Gwen actually dies.

Now secondly, Days of Future Past.

I haven't the faintest idea what all the hype is about. I read Dutch and Favre's comments and was like, "Okay, this is one hell of a movie."

It wasn't. It was a good superhero movie. The greatest ever? Not even the greatest I've seen this year. The best Xmen movie? Most likely, but I can't even say that with 100% certainty. It was just a good, solid, superhero movie, like 8/10 solid. Nothing spectacular. I am disappoint.

Edited by Thanatos19

I saw Days of Future Past yesterday and really enjoyed it. Good story, great acting, hypersolid dialogue, good action sequences. I think it was just as good/entertaining as First Class, though this one in particular I think is more enjoyable if you're a big X-Men fan or have been watching the movies from the beginning, which I haven't. So I also don't understand the massive hype about it.

Some very minor spoiler-ish stuff:

Towards the end when the action kept cutting between the past in Washington and the future battle with the sentinels, it reminded me of Inception cutting between dream levels. And whenever Magneto did stuff the music was always like BRRRAAAAAWWWWWWWMMMMMMM.

Oh, and I thought it was interesting that the plot revolved around Raven/Mystique more than anything, even though she didn't really get more screen time than anybody.

All in all, the last 30 minutes were my favorite.

For being a semi-big Wolverine comics fan I still haven't even seen that movie (or is there 2 now?) and I have no interest in seeing this new X-Men one. :( I saw First Class and thought it was real solid though. Sounds like people either love or are meh about this new one. A friend of mine who was just a straight up comic book nerd said it was terrible and nothing made sense and they completely messed up timelines, continuations, etc. etc. What's y'alls thoughts on that? Is he just a bitter bitch?

Okay so a lady friend wanted to see X-Men tonight so I went with her. It was good. The Quicksilver scenes were great. The dystopian future scenes were dope too. Real solid movie. I still like First Class more I think though. But real real solid. 7.5/10

Million Ways to Die in the West... So disappointing.

22 Jump Street next week though!

So I'm thinking about seeing Days of Future Past tomorrow, however, I haven't seen The Wolverine. Am I not going to understand a good part of the story or is what's referenced relatively minor?

The last movie I saw was Dallas Buyers Club and it was fantastic. Matthew McConnaughey and Jared Leto were brilliant.

So I'm thinking about seeing Days of Future Past tomorrow, however, I haven't seen The Wolverine. Am I not going to understand a good part of the story or is what's referenced relatively minor?

It's minor relative to the scope of the story and you don't need to see it. But there will be a small period of time that you may not understand what is going on (although you could probably easily figure it out with common sense / logic).

• Upvote 1

"The secret life of Walter Mitty." I thought it was pretty damn good. A friend of mine categorized it as a character study witha kick ass soundtrack. Personally, I found it to be Ben Stiller at his artistic best. It had its classic Stiller slapstick type of moments, but the story was actually pretty great and very well executed. I planned on watching a good movie, and I was pleasantly surprised with it being better than I expected. It's definitely not for everyone, but I'm glad I watched it.

• Upvote 1

I never saw the Wolverine either before I saw this recent X-Men. I feel like I understood most of what was happening.

So I saw Days of Future Past today. Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna be pretty cool.

:shifty:

7.5/10. I can't help but feel disappointed with this movie.

The leads are all great, the story is good, no issues as far as things like that go, even what is essentially the retconning of The Last Stand is good. I guess what I have a probably with is the direction. I take issue with how they handled the future. It's been eight years since we last saw some of these people. A reintroduction, or maybe some exposition, something, to remind us as to why we're supposed to like and care about these people (other than Xavier and Wolverine) would've been really appreciated.

And in that lies another issue. Who thought it was good idea to just throw more mutants into the mix without any sort of backstory or character dialogue or anything? (Unless I really missed something somewhere along the way) Ok, this one has a gun that shoots ammo after the user absorbs the energy of an attack. This one can open portals. This one, well, I don't know what he does other than wields two knives. For a situation that is so dire, I found myself not really caring about any of the characters on the periphery, other than feeling a bit sorry about most of their rather brutal demises.

Except none of those demises actually happened.

There's no weight to anything that happens in the future. Welp, everyone died. Oh wait, no they didn't because they timetravelled a few days in the past to warn themselves of an attack so they could leave and continue to hide. Even the climax of the film, everyone dies, only they didn't because it never happens. There's no weight or lasting effects of anything. It's like an actual comic. "OMG CHARACTER X IS DEAD!" *two issues later* "loljk". Just cheapens things, IMO.

My final issue is with the combat. I'm typically not one to care about action scenes in a movie, but part of the reason that makes these X-Men movies entertaining is mutants fighting each other or other things. In this, with the exception of the opening and closing future fights, all I got was Mystique acrobatically kicking things. Couldn't even get some sort of entertaining payoff fight between Wolverine/Beast and a Sentinel of the past.

Solid movie, nothing wrong with the core of the movie, just had a couple things that really didn't sit well with me and caused me to not really enjoy it.

Oh yeah....

Bone claws suck.

And so does Quicksilver.

Edited by Vin

I saw The Grey today, pretty good movie but I didn't care for the ending. Liam Neeson is a badass.

• Upvote 1

I'm kind of excited for Guardians of the Galaxy tbh. I don't know anything about the comics, or the story or anything. But it looks like a well made movie in terms of the maker being an actual conscious human being who has their shit together. Love Pratt in Parks & Rec and the missionary/smuggler/thief archetype always has hit home with me. I'm gonna see it as soon as I can and I haven't said that about a comic book movie in awhile (sick of them.) :yep:

The best part of Days of Future Past is the after-credits scene. I needed a new pair of jeans.

FUCKING APOCALYPSE BITCH!!!!

I just watched Insidious 2. Those movies are dumb. :shrug:

Also, Netflix sucks. I have the PS3 set to stereo sound, and dialog in movies is still like volume 1, while everything else is volume 10. It's so annoying turning the volume up and down just so my windows don't blow out. :sigh:

I just watched Insidious 2. Those movies are dumb. :shrug:

Also, Netflix sucks. I have the PS3 set to stereo sound, and dialog in movies is still like volume 1, while everything else is volume 10. It's so annoying turning the volume up and down just so my windows don't blow out. :sigh:

The Insidious movies are, indeed, fucking atrocious.

As for the Netflix problem, I run the same setup with my PS3, but when I run into that problem I turn up the center speaker, slightly turn up the front speakers, and turn down the sub and rear. Helps a lot.

As for the Netflix problem, I run the same setup with my PS3, but when I run into that problem I turn up the center speaker, slightly turn up the front speakers, and turn down the sub and rear. Helps a lot.

I only have the TV speakers atm. All the settings I can find say it should only be outputting 2 channel stereo sound, but it doesn't seem to matter. I had the same problem with the xbox and my laptop if I use those. I think netflix is still trying to send hd sound no matter what my settings are, cus the volume difference is ridiculous. If insidious wasn't bad enough of a movie, turning the shit to 50 to hear those kids mumble and then the cheesy violin shots shake my entertainment center.

--

Has anyone ever seen Brotherhood of the Wolf? My cousin was over yesterday and wanted to watch something so I told him to grab something from the rack and he picked that. It's a french movie about two guys who are looking for the source of a bunch of killings in 18th-ish century europe. Gets pretty crazy, couple great fights. The newer chairmen from the iron chef is a main character.

I only have the TV speakers atm. All the settings I can find say it should only be outputting 2 channel stereo sound, but it doesn't seem to matter. I had the same problem with the xbox and my laptop if I use those. I think netflix is still trying to send hd sound no matter what my settings are, cus the volume difference is ridiculous. If insidious wasn't bad enough of a movie, turning the shit to 50 to hear those kids mumble and then the cheesy violin shots shake my entertainment center.

Ah, I see. I know exactly how you feel. I've always loathed poor mixes or streaming muxers (not a typo) that just BLAST the loud shit and make you volume dance for two hours during a movie.

Candyman. Great horror flick