GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Candyman. Great horror flick

Haha, scared the life out of me around 10 years old.

The Prestige. Hell of a film.

Haha, scared the life out of me around 10 years old.

The Prestige. Hell of a film.

The audience knows the truth. The world is simple, miserable, solid all the way through. But if you can fool them, even for a second... then you can make them wonder. And you get to see something very special...

22 Jump Street. Thought it was pretty damn solid.

• Upvote 1

Recently watched the entire Japanese and American Grudge series. The Japanese ones are far scarier, IMO. I've never been more frightened by a horror series in my life.

22 Jump Street. Just a funny as the first, which it constantly mocked.

Ya, that's part of what made 22 so great... The fact that they realized sequels rarely live up to the hype and then they embraced that... 23...24.... 25... 2121 Jump Street incoming.

22 Jump Street was hilarious and the post-credit slideshow was just as great. 29 Jump Street: Sunday School. :laugh:

The scene with the "glass cutter" had me in tears from laughter. Literally.

• Upvote 1

Oculus. Better than I expected, end sucked. Wasn't as much horror as a psychological movie. Couple jump scares but that's it. 6/10. Surprised to see it was a WWE film.

jodorowskys_dune_xlg.jpg

Jodorowsky's Dune

10/10

Excellent Documentary about a film that never was (then later passed to the usually great David Lynch yet got strong armed, over produced/handled and turned into a giant piece of shit.) How Alejandro Jodorowsky, Mœbius, H.R. Giger, Chris Foss and Dan O'Bannon's vision birthed such films as Star Wars, Alien, Blade Runner, the Matrix, Prometheus, etc. The doc touches on ambition, imagination, heartbreak and triumph. Any sci-fi fan watch this as soon as you can. Can't recommend this film anymore.

The Edge of Tomorrow. Much better than I expected, especially for a Tom Cruise movie in which I have been really disappointed with lately. The ending is beyond atrocious though. Up until the last 5 minutes or so, it is pretty darn solid.

Transformers: Age of Extinction

This review is going to have spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movie and want to, just skip past this post.

Ok, so I liked this more than the 3rd one but it still had a lot of the same problems. The terrible lead human characters are just dragging these films down so badly. It was better than the god awful Shia LaBeauf and Megan Fox, but that isn't much of an accomplishment. Mark Wahlberg is playing some inventor dude named Cade with a smoking hot daughter he's overprotective of and he just scraps shit to make end's meat (which he isn't seemingly good at). We're also introduced to an annoying sidekick guy played by TJ Miller, but he's killed off fast and replaced by his daughter's Irish boyfriend. IMO, none of these characters are likable at all. Especially the daughter and her boyfriend. Kelsey Grammer's bad guy role wasn't that bad and the guy who played that businessman (I think he's the dude who played Dr. Erskrine in the first Captain America) wasn't bad either. We're also introduced to some British lady early in the film who I figured would play a big role, but she never does.

The whole beginning of the movie was boring and dragged on, I don't care about Cade and his daughter. I just want to see Optimus Prime and Bumblebee whoop some ass. Once the action starts the movie starts getting better. JD told me in the shoutbox that he thought the movie was over a couple times and he was right, lol. It dragged on unnecessarily at the end IMO. But the dinobots were AWESOME! Too bad they were in the movie for like 15 minutes maybe towards the end. I think I may refer to that being "Venomized" from now on.

In general, it was fun at times, boring at others, way way too long. I'll give it a 6.5/10. Better than the last movie which I thought was one of the worst action flicks based on an existing property ever. But enough with Michael Bay. I'd like to see another director try Transformers, but his movies make bank in the box office so we'll probably see a 5th Transformers and they even hinted towards it at the end.

Ya, honestly I think they are setting up for a 5th AND 6th transformers... lol. Cut out on all the terrible human characters... More epic transformers fighting... BOOM. Easy.

But ya, I seemed to like Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammar more than you did. I mean, I still prefer transformers, but they were better than Wahlberg and those other doofus people running around.

Easily. The boyfriend was the worst character in the movie, he had no real personality other than tidbits of being a douche.

• Upvote 1

The Wolverine.

Not sure how many more X-Men movies Jackman has left in him, but it's gonna suck whenever Wolverine gets re-cast.

Went to watch Transformers because my college's town was apparently where they filmed a decent portion of the movie. Was a total waste of my 7 dollars. Shits whack.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Gravity - awesome movie. I was watching it on my 20 inch tv, can't imagine what it was like in theatres. I really wish I saw that in 3D. The music at the end almost made me tear up a little bit.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

I liked the movie, but my girlfriend stopped watching it fifteen minutes in because it was "boring." If you like Wes Anderson's films, you will like this movie. If not, you should look elsewhere.

Wes Anderson films are never not great. I may also have unabashed love for Bill Murray, but that's another story for another time.

I just watched Captain America: Winter Soldier, and I really like that it was like a spy movie but with supers and some ridiculous action scenes. The nice thing about it was how ruthlessly pragmatic HYDRA was about their whole operation. Send in three teams of guys to deal with Captain, send more backup during the fight sequence, and then chase him down with all the military hardware you have. Delicious. And Winter Soldier himself was a treat to watch. Don't be flashy, go for the kill. It's great.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

I liked the movie, but my girlfriend stopped watching it fifteen minutes in because it was "boring." If you like Wes Anderson's films, you will like this movie. If not, you should look elsewhere.

Wes Anderson films are never not great. I may also have unabashed love for Bill Murray, but that's another story for another time.

I just watched Captain America: Winter Soldier, and I really like that it was like a spy movie but with supers and some ridiculous action scenes. The nice thing about it was how ruthlessly pragmatic HYDRA was about their whole operation. Send in three teams of guys to deal with Captain, send more backup during the fight sequence, and then chase him down with all the military hardware you have. Delicious. And Winter Soldier himself was a treat to watch. Don't be flashy, go for the kill. It's great.

Hell yes Royal Tenenbaums.

• Upvote 1

Both The Purge and then the sequel the day later.

The original was fine. I liked Ethan Hawke in the movie, shockingly. The kids always running off and being moronic annoyed the heck out of me though. I hate kids in movies 90% of the time, and this is no exception.

Anarchy was a really solid movie, IMO. Enjoyable, decent for what it is. Temper expectations for sure, but to fill that thriller type roll so far this summer, I would say it was a moderate success. I liked it exponentially more than the first one. Frank Grillo was a bad ass, wish there was more him just fucking shit up... but still worth a watch.

Why did that shitty fucking series need a revival?

is8zDP3x90tFn.gif