GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

The Mechanic - not bad, not great

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Definitely the weakest of the entire series so far, which makes me wonder if Jack Sparrow has been stretched out too far already. I really miss Orlando Bloom and Knightley. Penelope Cruz is 10 kinds of awful, and the plot was kinda all over the map. With that said... On Stranger tides still has the same wit, charm, and charisma of its predecessors. I still enjoyed the movie, and the whacky on screen chemistry that Depp and Rush have.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Definitely the weakest of the entire series so far, which makes me wonder if Jack Sparrow has been stretched out too far already. I really miss Orlando Bloom and Knightley. Penelope Cruz is 10 kinds of awful, and the plot was kinda all over the map. With that said... On Stranger tides still has the same wit, charm, and charisma of its predecessors. I still enjoyed the movie, and the whacky on screen chemistry that Depp and Rush have.

The first time that I saw a trailer for On Stranger Tides, I declared that it would make a billion dollars, but be a waste of time. I thought that the last movie was slightly above bad and would have been the best time to stop. Of course, Disney wanted the money.

The first time that I saw a trailer for On Stranger Tides, I declared that it would make a billion dollars, but be a waste of time. I thought that the last movie was slightly above bad and would have been the best time to stop. Of course, Disney wanted the money.

Oh yeah, the Pirates series is a lot like Fast and the Furious. The only reason they keep making movies is because no matter how good or bad they are, people WILL go and see them in theaters. Although... Fast 5 was actually really good. AND... You can tell there is another Pirates movie in the works already... I can feel it, lol. Hopefully they cut Penelope Cruz out.

Hangover Part 2. Not as funny as the original but still very funny. The plot is pretty much exactly the same but it still delivers hilarious moments, I don't think people who liked the first one will be upset with this one.

Kung Fu Panda 2. I liked it even more than the first movie. Seriously.

Hangover Part 2. Not as funny as the original but still very funny. The plot is pretty much exactly the same but it still delivers hilarious moments, I don't think people who liked the first one will be upset with this one.

I just cannot see the same fucking plot with what are likely the same type of jokes being entertaining. I was not a fan of the first movie, so I will definitely be skipping this one. The first one was just a slightly funnier version of Dude Where's My Car?.

I just cannot see the same fucking plot with what are likely the same type of jokes being entertaining. I was not a fan of the first movie, so I will definitely be skipping this one. The first one was just a slightly funnier version of Dude Where's My Car?.

They knew they wouldn't be able to capture the same awesomeness from Hangover, so all they did was crank up raunchiness of the jokes. Still pretty funny, and I enjoyed it.

Agreed. Very predictable, but still decent.

The Hangover Part 2.

Even with knowing the plot (since it's the exact same as the first), I loved this movie. When people get into the argument that the sequels are always worse than the originals, this movie will be on the fence for sure. In some aspects, I'd say it was better.. the cast seemed to know their role much better, the relationships are on point, and the situations are much more ridiculous. But the first also has the fact that it was the pioneer, it had us on our toes, and the punchlines were funnier.

If you haven't seen this movie, go. It's already pocketed $100M+ over the long weekend alone.

I am Number 4 - better than I'd expected.

Stone

Stone is a unique film. It's hard to get an accurate reading on it. What I do know is that there are at least three masterful performances put forth by Edward Norton, Milla Jovovich, and lastly Robert DeNiro. It's nice to see a film where DeNiro especially is able to act up to his potential. Lacking in Stone is a consistent story. The plot of Stone is set atop a rickety bridge, and you are never quite sure when it's going to take a step forward, or fall to the depths of the raging river below. Worth your time for the acting performances alone.

Role Models right now it is funny as fuck

Gran Torino.

Such a great ending.

Gran Torino.

Such a great ending.

Can't tell if sarcastic...

Can't tell if sarcastic...

:think:

Why would I be sarcastic?

:think:

Why would I be sarcastic?

Just reminded me of your taking umbrage to the ending of No Country For Old Men, combined with the fact that I can see how someone would feel that Gran Torino's ending is disappointing.

Because the ending to NCFOM sucked.

Incorrect.

X-Men: First Class

Not going to lie. Through the trailers, I was put off by some of the casting (namely James McAvoy). I was afraid that they simply wouldn't be able to pull it off. I am pleasantly informing you all that I was gravely mistaken. The casting was outstanding, especially but not limited to McAvoy as Charles Xavier. Great script, great fast-paced action, surprisingly intelligent, and amazing sound editing. Absolutely phenomenal film. You should make it a priority to see this as soon as possible

X-Men: First Class. Easily the best movie in the series and a great way to re-boot the movies, if that is the plan. Seriously could be the best movie I have seen so far this year. (Very little exaggeration on my part)

Watched Freak The Mighty in English class. It was pretty good.