GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Finally got around to watching Draft Day, t'is the season. Was excited for it but I'd prolly give it like a 6 at best. It would've actually been really good if they would have made the trades sensible in the least. Anyone who follows the NFL knows that not one of those trades (after the first one) would ever happen. 3 2nds for 6th overall (though the point values are close if they're high 2nds)... and no way he'd get all 3 1sts back.

I did like that it made Seattle look bad.

The Gambler with Marky Mark. It was pretty good. It kept me entertained throughout the entire movie, but it just didn't feel like the movie accomplished what it was trying to. Character development was awful and stereotypical. John Goodman was the best part of the film.

6/10 for the overall film

10/10 for John Goodman awesomeness

http://www.thewrap.com/keanu-reeves-original-filmmakers-returning-for-john-wick-2/

First revenge thriller was a surprise hit at the box office for Lionsgate in 2014

“John Wick” star Keanu Reeves, directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski and screenwriter Derek Kolstad are all returning for sequel “John Wick 2,” Lionsgate announced Monday.

In the followup to last year’s adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller, legendary hit man John Wick is back.

“With such tremendous fan and critical support for ‘John Wick,’ we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions at Lionsgate in a statement. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.”

The original R-rated action thriller about a hit man who comes out of retirement to avenge his murdered wife — and beagle — took in $14.1 million in its opening weekend and went on to make $43 million domestically and nearly $80 million worldwide.

Jason Constantine and Eda Kowan at Lionsgate will oversee the project on behalf of the studio.

Also Read: Keanu Reeves' 'John Wick' Hits Box-Office Bulls-Eye and Lionsgate's Gamble Pays Off

Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.

• Upvote 1

Age of Ultron: 7.5/10

I'm not as big of a "nerd critic" when it comes to comic book heroes as some here on TGP. I enjoyed the film, but it was by no means as good as the hype that came with it.

Boyhood was really good but kind of depressing. It really points out how life moves by so fast. I felt bad for the mom at the end.

Loved that movie. It is kind of depressing depending on how you look at it.. But I don't think a movie gets any more real than that unless it's a documentary. So good.

Age of Ultron: 6/10

The Wedding Ringer: 2/10

Goofy to the point of being ridiculous. I stopped half way through the movie cause it was just beyond cheesy and Kevin Hart was selling out so hard. Parts in the first half did make me laugh kinda hard so I didn't give it a complete 0.

Edited by butta55

So, as someone that's grown up in the age of Star Wars parodies, I never much cared to see the old movies. I saw Episodes I-III as they came out when I was younger and thought they were mostly cool to look at, but that was about it. Last night, I decided to give IV a go finally as I have been planning on seeing them all prior to VII.

Honestly, it FAR surpassed my expectations and I was entertained the entire time, though I knew 90% of the story via parodies. The animation and such surprised the hell out of me for it being a 1977 movie, though the Darth Vader/Obi Wan fight was like watching my 3 year old nephew have a sword fight, lmao. I'm actually interested in watching the rest now and re-watching I-III. Will probably hit V tonight when my gf gets home.

• Upvote 2

Long live Alec Guinness. Fuck you Ewan McGregor.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Long live Alec Guinness. Fuck you Ewan McGregor.

rnE90.gif

• Upvote 2

Never understood all the hate for the prequels

• Upvote 1

Jar Jar Binks

• Upvote 1

Kid Anakin.

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE, NOT DESTROY IT!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Anakin kills I-III. He went from annoying Disney kid to loathsome whiny teen to "dur i so angry dark side numba 1"

I liked the prequels...then again those came out when I was at an age to understand movies so it helped me like the original three even more. I don't know generational maybe.

--------------

Wild: 6/10

Was sold as a mainly solo movie like Locke but wasn't exactly the case as a majority of the movie was with other characters. Very rich story and background, although I honestly didn't see an over the top performance by Witherspoon. Her being nominated for an Oscar is just more of old priveleged people loving to see other priveleged people pretend to be in some sort of drama.

Personally I think it's the usage of CG for pretty much everything over hand-made props/puppets that takes away the charm that the original trilogy had. I'm glad the new Star Wars is going to rely less on CG and go back to the hand-made roots.

The prequels were enjoyable for me. Not on the level of the originals, but the Phantom Menace was pretty decent. Seeing young Obi wan was cool and Liam Neeson was good as Quigon. That also had my favorite battle out of all 6 movies. Darth mauls double edged light saber out dueling 2 Jedis was remarkable. The race with kid Anaki was boring as hell and I could've done without. Attack of the Clones was an awesome movie IMO, pretty clearly that is the strongest of the prequels I think. Anakin did get pretty annoying in the 3rd one and it could've been done better but I still liked it. I think the hate the prequels get comes from those diehard Star Wars fans who wanted them to be great, but they're not bad movies by any means, it's just frustration that they're not better.

Edited by RevisFan81

Liam Neeson was a disgrace. Whoever cast him in a fucking Star Wars movie should be shot.

The prequels were enjoyable for me. Not on the level of the originals, but the Phantom Menace was pretty decent. Seeing young Obi wan was cool and Liam Neeson was good as Quigon. That also had my favorite battle out of all 6 movies. Darth mauls double edged light saber out dueling 2 Jedis was remarkable. The race with kid Anaki was boring as hell and I could've done without. Attack of the Clones was an awesome movie IMO, pretty clearly that is the strongest of the prequels I think. Anakin did get pretty annoying in the 3rd one and it could've been done better but I still liked it. I think the hate the prequels get comes from those diehard Star Wars fans who wanted them to be great, but they're not bad movies by any means, it's just frustration that they're not better.

You should watch the cut version. A guy made one movie out of all three prequels. Runs waaaay better.

Agreed, I really liked the prequels. Kid Anakin was very enjoyable to me...a lot of people hated him and that actor like was chased out of hollywood....but for me it put so much more weight on Vader in the originals, made me understand a little more about the human aspect of him. Now young/teenage Anakin was annoying because he was getting angry over nothing and I thought his eventual turn to the dark side was a little unbelievable. But the story behind the clones and how it connected to Jango Fett, and then the whole politics that started the wars....all good stuff to me. Plus the fights were a little better because the natural evolution of making movies and action sequences.

Personally I think it's the usage of CG for pretty much everything over hand-made props/puppets that takes away the charm that the original trilogy had. I'm glad the new Star Wars is going to rely less on CG and go back to the hand-made roots.

That is a good point. I guess the appeal of the saga is in the story for me so I never really worried too much about the effects. But I do think it is funny people have problems with the CG when that is the #1 selling point in movies these days.

But I do think it is funny people have problems with the CG when that is the #1 selling point in movies these days.

#1 selling point to the average movie goer. Point is everyone's not the same, as you said yourself you didn't care about the effects you cared more about the story. Well, you're not alone, so some of these same people had problems with a CG fest. Sometimes it takes you out of a movie and ruins your suspension of belief. A balance of the CG and other effects always seems to feel better. Like the original Jurassic Park which is talked about in some circles as the best example of balancing modern CG with props/other effects.

Like the original Jurassic Park which is talked about in some circles as the best example of balancing modern CG with props/other effects.

Yes! That movie was so well done that it could have been released today, and you wouldn't think it was a 1993 movie.

I watched Dumb and Dumber To for the second time a couple nights ago, still good, but nowhere near the original when it comes to re-watchability