GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

V/H/S

V/H/S 2. First one was better.

• Upvote 1

V/H/S 2. First one was better.

They're both awesome. 2 of my favorite movies. The Indonesian cult one was amazing.

• Upvote 1

They're both awesome. 2 of my favorite movies. The Indonesian cult one was amazing.

Guess I preferred the segments from VHS. The honeymoon one I really liked. The glitch was interesting.

So I just saw Civil War.

That's a pretty entertaining movie. I think I may have seen the light on Spiderboy. Pretty great casting, though I don't think I can bring myself to care about a Spiderboy movie about Spiderboy problems, but who knows. Marissa Tomei tho.

Liked the idea of Zemo kinda being just a guy, for the most part. Tragic villains are usually the best, and I think this worked pretty well.

Fight scenes are fun.

The Black Panther solo flick is gonna be fun.

The movie's ending is fairly trash though. So we have the Sokovia Accords in place....and, that's it? Everything is pretty much the same as before the movie started. We got the Vision/Scarlet pairing sorta, but everything else is pretty much where it was. Meh.

Scarlett Witch is overpowered, and Hawkeye can handle Vision. Crazy.

Favorite dialogue in the movie:

Hawkeye to Black Panther: "We haven't met yet. I'm Clint."

Black Panther: "I don't care."

:rog:

9/10

• Upvote 1

So I just saw Civil War.

That's a pretty entertaining movie. I think I may have seen the light on Spiderboy. Pretty great casting, though I don't think I can bring myself to care about a Spiderboy movie about Spiderboy problems, but who knows. Marissa Tomei tho.

Liked the idea of Zemo kinda being just a guy, for the most part. Tragic villains are usually the best, and I think this worked pretty well.

Fight scenes are fun.

The Black Panther solo flick is gonna be fun.

The movie's ending is fairly trash though. So we have the Sokovia Accords in place....and, that's it? Everything is pretty much the same as before the movie started. We got the Vision/Scarlet pairing sorta, but everything else is pretty much where it was. Meh.

Scarlett Witch is overpowered, and Hawkeye can handle Vision. Crazy.

Favorite dialogue in the movie:

Hawkeye to Black Panther: "We haven't met yet. I'm Clint."

Black Panther: "I don't care."

:rog:

9/10

Pretty much agree with everything, except there was a new Spidey trailer released on Kimmel the other night and it seems like Tony Stark is playing a pretty big role -- relatively anyway. I think they are playing this really smart... Allowing Iron Man to kind of introduce and usher Spidey into the universe and then allow him (Stark) to be almost like training wheels for Spidey's first movie.Because of this, I don't think it's going to be viewed as some lame, boring movie that's "just another origin story".

Before seeing and reading some of the stuff they are doing, I was also skeptical of this new Spider-Man franchise. But like always.. Marvel seems to be playing it out extremely well. It's just so well laid out and executed.

I hope there's a bunch of Stark in it. I'm not so much worried about an origin story as I am about highschoolers doing highschooler things. I dunno.

I hope there's a bunch of Stark in it. I'm not so much worried about an origin story as I am about highschoolers doing highschooler things. I dunno.

Didn't you ever wonder what it would be like to see Spider-Man in an episode of The OC?

Can't say that I did.

Seeing the new Guardians trailer made me want to watch Guardians again, so I will.

• Upvote 1

Ridley Scott is gonna ruin this, isn't he?

Though I guess he already has with the billion different Blade Runner cuts.

In addition to the Blade Runner trailer, we also got a new John Wick trailer, which is mainly just John Wick shooting people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpLV9AMqm4

This is going to be fun as hell. :yep:

In addition to the Blade Runner trailer, we also got a new John Wick trailer, which is mainly just John Wick shooting people.

considering you basically just described the first John Wick movie I'm not surprised (note: this is not a criticism, I actually really enjoyed John Wick, just noting a fact)

Chinatown :notbad:

There's a sequel :wut:

Rogue One. Pretty awesome. Highly entertaining, very much a Star Wars movie with a Star Wars feel. It knows its place, actually enhancing the original trilogy. Mission accomplished.

CGI Tarkin was a little weird after a while. Vader was a tad cheesy in that dialogue scene.

Not bad at all. I'll definitely be going to see it.

Yes Man (2nd viewing)

Saw it in theaters 2008 so it's been a little while here.

Creed

it's one I've been wanting to see for a while and it did not disappoint, Stallone did a great job with the mentor role and it was a really interesting character arc for Adonis

• Upvote 1

Saw Woody Harrelson's live movie -- Lost in London. Huge accomplishment, solid movie.

Rogue One. Loved it except for one thing.....

A switch on the fucking beach? Uncovered? Right in plain sight?

Puuuuhhhleeeeeeeeeasssse.....

American Gangster extended version

• Upvote 2

John Wick: Chapter 2.

Solid, solid movie. I'd probably describe it as a better film than the 1st one, but not quite as entertaining, if that makes any sense (although this could be clouded by the fact that it's been a while since I've seen the first one). While the first one seemed sorta fun, this one seems darker tonally. Feels quite a bit more violent than the first to the point where I actually felt bad for some of the henchmen (there's stuff that happens with a pencil that I don't really need to see again). Morpheus doesn't have as much screen time as I was hoping, so that's a slight knock as well. It loved the ending for some reason, it's fairly simple but it works really, really well.

Would watch again/10

• Upvote 1

Keanu Reeves -- getting Vin off the goat farm since 1990.

BTW -- Mr. I Act As Well As A Cardboard Cutout of Myself is 52? That seems unreal to me.

• Upvote 1