GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Not the first person I've heard with a dislike for Paul Walker, not sure why, he's been in some decent flicks...including Running Scared IMO.

I didn't mean to sound like I was hating on Running Scared. It's one of the better films I've seen with him in it. It just seemed like there were a lot of random scenarios that were thrown together by him trying to catch the kid. After he caught the kid, it kind of went downhill.

Sucker Punch - apparently the best scenes were in the trailers. The battle scenes were purty, but I feel like I've heard the story before...

Source Code - Really good sci-fi thriller. Jake fit the role like a glove. I know a lot of people are hating the ending, but I thought it was actually pretty good / decent. Definitely recommend this flick.

Source Code - Really good sci-fi thriller. Jake fit the role like a glove. I know a lot of people are hating the ending, but I thought it was actually pretty good / decent. Definitely recommend this flick.

Well, well, well...we actually agree on a movie. I really enjoyed Source Code a heck of a lot, it is nice to see something fairly original for once.

• Upvote 1

Well, well, well...we actually agree on a movie. I really enjoyed Source Code a heck of a lot, it is nice to see something fairly original for once.

Nice to agree for once, sir. :grinyes:

The Great Outdoors. Enjoyable 80s comedy.

The Experiment

What a great movie... Forest Whitaker and Adrien Brody both put in amazing performances in this movie about an experiment like the prison experiment at Stanford back in the 70's.

I don't even want to admit this but: Burlesque. It was worse than I expected.

Before that: Robin Hood (The Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe one). kinda meh.

I started Salt last night. I'm enjoying it so far. Angelina Jolie doesn't really seem to be playing the same role as she usually does, although it actually should be. I refuse to say she has talent though. Planning on wrapping it up later today so I'll give a final verdict then.

I don't even want to admit this but: Burlesque. It was worse than I expected.

Before that: Robin Hood (The Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe one). kinda meh.

Wife wanted to see this a few weeks ago on PPV and fuck was it boring. Luckily she didn't give me any shit for falling asleep halfway through lol.

The Great Outdoors. Enjoyable 80s comedy.

This is excellent.

The last one I saw was Just Go With It and it was a lot better than I expected.

The Karate Kid Trilogy.

Karate Kid > Karate Kid Part III > Karate Kid Part II IMO.

I didn't really care for II much at all to be quite honest.

What I find interesting... Pat Morita died in 2005, but still had credit in movies and stuff through like 2009.

X-Files: I Want to Believe

Yay, nostalgia.

Little Giants. More Nostalgia.

X-Files: I Want to Believe

Yay, nostalgia.

Movie really sucked for those of us who didn't watch the series.

The Longest Yard (the remake)

• Upvote 1

Hatchet II - that movie was so bad, it was almost good.

Chill Factor and some of Dumb and Dumber before I passed out.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

:Suicide: Edited by BayAreaBomber

Unthinkable. A very good movie from 2010 that nobody ever heard of. If you have Netflix, it's available on Instant Watch. The film itself is a meditation on the effectiveness and morality of torture to obtain information. An Islamic terrorist named Yusuf Atta Mohammed has placed three nuclear bombs in three U.S. cities and will detonate them if his demands are not met. So the U.S. must launch a massive operation to find Mohammed and the three bombs, right? Only half right; Mohammed is already in custody. Samuel L. Jackson plays a black ops agent who specializes in torture and heads Mohammed's interrogation using extremely forceful and graphic methods (though the film never takes itself too far with the torture scenes), and Carrie Anne-Moss plays an FBI Agent who does not believe torture is right but has no choice as the powers that be value the potential lost American lives over Mohammed's. Jackson and Anne-Moss are both fantastic and the film has just enough to keep you on edge, and even though the ending is a little suspect, it still gives you something to chew on. 8/10.

Unthinkable. A very good movie from 2010 that nobody ever heard of. If you have Netflix, it's available on Instant Watch. The film itself is a meditation on the effectiveness and morality of torture to obtain information. An Islamic terrorist named Yusuf Atta Mohammed has placed three nuclear bombs in three U.S. cities and will detonate them if his demands are not met. So the U.S. must launch a massive operation to find Mohammed and the three bombs, right? Only half right; Mohammed is already in custody. Samuel L. Jackson plays a black ops agent who specializes in torture and heads Mohammed's interrogation using extremely forceful and graphic methods (though the film never takes itself too far with the torture scenes), and Carrie Anne-Moss plays an FBI Agent who does not believe torture is right but has no choice as the powers that be value the potential lost American lives over Mohammed's. Jackson and Anne-Moss are both fantastic and the film has just enough to keep you on edge, and even though the ending is a little suspect, it still gives you something to chew on. 8/10.

I agree. Ending sucks, but solid movie overall.