Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jags @ Bills

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20181125002&home=2&vis=30

The Jaguars defeated the Bills, 10-3, in an AFC Wild Card game last season. It was the third-lowest scoring playoff game in the Super Bowl era. Blake Bortles rushed for 88 yards and passed for 87, the fourth time a winning QB gained more on the ground than through the air in the playoffs since 1950.

The Jaguars fell to the Steelers, 20-16, in Jacksonville in Week 11 despite leading 16-0 with less than two minutes to go in the third quarter. It was the biggest lead the Jaguars have blown that late in a game and lost.

The Bills are coming off a bye after beating the Jets on the road, 41-10, in Week 10 for their largest margin of victory since Week 12 of 2014 (vs. NYJ; 38-3). They had totalled only 46 points in their previous six games. Buffalo's 451 yards of total offense were its most in the last two seasons.

Leonard Fournette tied a career high with 28 carries in the loss to the Steelers. Since entering the league in 2017, Fournette has averaged 20.0 rushing attempts per game, the third-highest mark in the NFL over that span behind Ezekiel Elliott (21.7) and Le'Veon Bell (21.4).

LeSean McCoy rushed for 113 yards and two touchdowns against the Jets, snapping an 11-game streak falling short of the 100-yard mark. It had been the longest such streak of his career since recording the first 100-yard game of his career in 2010.

These teams are two of the top-ranking pass defenses this season. The Bills have allowed 202.4 net pass yards per game, the fewest in the league, while the Jaguars have allowed 210.2, the third fewest. Each team has allowed 14 passing TDs, tied for fourth fewest.

I'm expecting the Jags to at least get themselves a pity victory here. Matt Barkley's flash in the pan is about expired now.

This team is trash and I hate it. 

Can we at least roll with Kessler for the rest of the season, or just run the wildcat forever or something?  Anything?  No? OK.

:fbm:

What happened to the jags in one season to make them so awful 

Hot take: They were never as good as they looked last year, like Philly. 

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Hot take: They were never as good as they looked last year, like Philly. 

Yeah. It's so obvious the Jags need the run game to hide the shitty passing. And when Fournette got himself tossed, that killed everything.

Edited by BigBen07

23 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

What happened to the jags in one season to make them so awful 

Pretty much our entire starting OL is ded.  Andrew Norwell got hurt today and who knows what's gonna come from that. 

Norwell hasn't played like the highest paid G in the league. 

The defense has as many sacks at this point in the season as they did by week 5 last season.

Our safety play is bad.  I haven't looked up the numbers to see if this claim is actually backed up by fact, but there seems to be multiple blown coverages every week.  That 70+ td pass to AB last week, for example.

Bortles has regressed, which I didn't realize was possible.  Part of it is the OL, but not all of it because there are some absolute trash passes coming out of his hand. 

Ol being bad is jacking up the run game and the passing game. 

I think that covers about everything.  Regression abounds.

I think deep down we're a good team - we can hang with the Pats and Steelers - but we don't replicate it anywhere close to every week, which means we're a bad team.

Edited by Vin

Couldn't Hackett confirmed.