Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers @ Vikings

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20181125016&home=16&vis=9

The Packers and Vikings played to a tie in Week 2 this season, the third tie all-time between the franchises and second since 2013. Minnesota is 4-1-1 in the last six meetings between the teams and hasn't lost to Green Bay at home since Week 11 of the 2015 season.

Green Bay fell at Seattle last week, 27-24, for its third loss in four games overall. The Packers' seven-game road losing streak going back to last season is their worst since a nine-game skid from 1978 to '79. However, the current win percentage of their remaining opponents is .425, fifth-easiest in the NFL.

Minnesota lost to Chicago, 25-20, last week to fall two wins behind the Bears in the NFC North. Either the Vikings or Packers have won the division in every season since 2011, and all but one season since 2007.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown 19 touchdown passes and only one interception this season. Excluding this season, Rodgers has six seasons with 10 or fewer picks and 300-plus attempts, trailing only Tom Brady and Alex Smith (seven each) for the most such seasons all-time.

Adam Thielen is one of six receivers with at least 2000 yards and 10 touchdowns since the start of last season, joining Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas and Brandin Cooks. Thielen has a combined 88 yards in the last two games after topping 100 in Weeks 1 through 8.

The Vikings lead the league in stopping teams on third down, allowing opponents to convert only 28.3 percent of their opportunities. Minnesota and Green Bay are in the middle of the pack in third down percentage, ranking 17th and 19th at 38.9 and 38.4 percent, respectively.

Primetime Cousins again.  Aw yiss.

Edited by Vin

Don't drink the water, don't drink the kool aid, just prepare to go in dry.

:Packers: 60

:Vikings: 6

Come on Razor . You should flip that around and let us fire Mike midseason. (That’ll never happen but I can dream a dream)

We are such trash. We are incapable of playing a full game. Most times we come out looking solid and sputter in the second half .

They’re called adjustments — and like Jesus, Mike doesn’t believe in them. 

Most of the team has just given up too. The energy just isn’t there. The fire, the passion... it’s gone. The players have lost faith and don’t believe. They’ve been through a lot with this doofus but you can tell they’ve just had enough already. I can’t wait to wipe this slate clean. 

Even if we hire a dud coach, at least we are trying. At least we will restore hope, even if it’s only for a short while. 

3 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

We are such trash. We are incapable of playing a full game. Most times we come out looking solid and sputter in the second half .

They’re called adjustments — and like Jesus, Mike doesn’t believe in them. 

Most of the team has just given up too. The energy just isn’t there. The fire, the passion... it’s gone. The players have lost faith and don’t believe. They’ve been through a lot with this doofus but you can tell they’ve just had enough already. I can’t wait to wipe this slate clean. 

Even if we hire a dud coach, at least we are trying. At least we will restore hope, even if it’s only for a short while. 

Preach, my brother. I feel your pain, man. I feel it.

I really don't think McCarthy is a huge problem. The team just isn't very good. That, and as soon as your LT went out it was over. 

McCarthy has had arguably the best QB of all time for the past decade and gotten 1 SB title. He's a failure. Not only that, how many seasons were GB even the favorites entering the postseason? Maybe once, when they were 15-1? McCarthy is Rivera with a better QB. They both suck at in-game adjustments, neither can manage the clock worth a damn (McCarthy is veiled somewhat because Rodgers takes over), and they both are just good enough not to suck bad enough to be obviously fired. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

I really don't think McCarthy is a huge problem. The team just isn't very good. That, and as soon as your LT went out it was over. 

There isn't just one problem... But the team is more talented than what they show every week. McCarthy has been calling the same exact offense for a decade now. I can sit at my tv and call out the Packers offensive plays with no more than a glimpse of the formation and personnel package. Now, imagine a defensive coordinator doing the same thing except putting in dozens of hours of film study on the same team... We lack creativity and originality. I think we have the talent (not everywhere, but enough).

Mike is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league. When your team consistently only plays one half of football, I think it goes beyond the players. This team just needs a breath of new life... new energy. I think very often teams take on the personalities of their head coaches, and Mike's personality and energy level is about on par with a sloth.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

I was listening to James Jones talking about the gameplan and he was saying "yeah it's the exact same offense we ran for years" but he was trying to like put a positive spin on it, like "oh yeah we just get open and Aaron finds us and it was no problem, I don't see why it isn't working now".

Edited by RazorStar

Mike is absolutely a huge problem and has been for a long time now. I've wanted Mike gone for a while and at this point, I think the majority of the team does too. There is no creativity, adjustments, or anything. It's the same shit over and over. Receivers need to win their 1 on 1s and Rodgers has to make some magic happen. Well, we have had an injured Rodgers and our #2 and #3 WRs out for the majority of the season. That results in Rodgers trying to make something happen but the rookie WRs having no idea what to during the scramble drill. We may try one trick play and if it doesn't work, you will never see it again. Unless you count a toss to Cobb out of the backfield as a trick play.

Some of this may fall on Rodgers and his refusal to hit the checkdown for a quick 5 yards but if your star QB is refusing to make certain throws, that eventually falls on your shoulders as a coach too.

It is absolutely time to move on from Mike, the team at this point is way too stagnant. It would also be a good thing for Mike and I think he could do fairly well if he went to Cleveland or somewhere with a young QB to develop.

Murphy also needs to give Gutekunst the reigns and let him run the show, not this stupid pyramid shit he has going on right now. Although there are reports that McCarthy was responsible for that.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I think Murphy was doing that stupid pyramid of power thing because Gute wanted to fire Mike last season when he came into power. So being that Gute wasn't a fan to start with, I think Mark had to try and give Mike a fair chance to redeem himself. It was giving him a "Get out of Jail Free Card" for being fuck awful last season -- and he squandered it. 

My guess is that pyramid thing goes away when Mike does.