Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Chiefs Release Kareem Hunt Amid Disturbing Video

In footage released by TMZ, Kareem Hunt was shown getting into a physical altercation with a 19-year-old woman at a Cleveland hotel in February.

In the video, Hunt was shown arguing and shoving a 19-year-old woman outside his hotel room on February 10 at 3:22 AM ET. The conflict escalated quickly after that with Hunt lunging at the woman and later kicking her while on the ground. Police took statements but no charges were filed. The footage, which you can see in the link below, is extremely troubling. This is a terrible look for both the Kansas City organization (remember the Chiefs took a major PR hit two years ago when they drafted Tyreek Hill following his domestic violence arrest) and the NFL, particularly in the wake of Rueben Foster's arrest and subsequent waiver claim by Washington. The wheels of the NFL move slowly, but we imagine Hunt will be facing a lengthy suspension once this gets sorted out. Nov 30 - 2:55 PM

Source: TMZ.com

The Chiefs sent Kareem Hunt home from their practice facility Friday.

Hunt addressed reports of this particular altercation back in August, stating he had "learned from it" and was focused on football. Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said in August that he didn't expect Hunt to be disciplined by the league. The franchise is now acting upon the release of the video to the public. ESPN's Dan Graziano suggests the most likely short-term solution is for Hunt to make the commissioner's exempt list, which would keep him from practicing or attending games until a final decision is made. Hunt could also be facing a six-game suspension under the league's Domestic Violence Policy. Nov 30 - 4:32 PM

Update:

The NFL placed Kareem Hunt on the Commissioner Exempt list.

This was expected after the Chiefs sent Hunt home from their practice facility Friday. Hunt will be on paid leave while on the exempt list, meaning he'll make his weekly salary but can't play in any games. The Chiefs have been aware of the domestic violence allegations against Hunt since August, but it wasn't until the release of a TMZ video that the league was forced to step in. Hunt is likely going to miss the rest of the regular season and playoffs while the league looks into the incident. Spencer Ware will take over as Kansas City's feature back.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Sucks to see such talented and amazing on field talent be such shitty off the field scum. Idk what happens moving forward, but this looks like a massive waste of a career pending further punishment.

He'll be in the NFL in 2019.

He definitely will. Too much talent and as bad as this sounds, teams aren't going to consider this even remotely as bad as Ray Rice considering everything Hunt did was mild to Rice in relative terms. He was quite clearly very, very drunk, too. These aren't excuses--he should be done in the NFL--but this is the reality of how teams are going to look at this situation. Shame on whoever picks him up. I'll be surprised if he clears waivers.

If he’s on the field next year, that means it’s gonna be less than a year long suspension? Man idk... maybe I’m just optimistic. I’d say if he comes back it’s in two years, start of 2020. But in reality, ya probably shorter 

He's done for the season. Then he'll have "served his time." 

You know, with how un-malicious this was and the fact that she ssid the N word repeatedly and it was just drunken mischief, I feel like he'll be back. And I want us to be the team to sign him. He gon' be alright :yep:

• Downvote 2

On 12/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, BC said:

You know, with how un-malicious this was and the fact that she ssid the N word repeatedly and it was just drunken mischief, I feel like he'll be back. And I want us to be the team to sign him. He gon' be alright :yep:

Un-malicious? The dude repeatedly had to be restrained from attacking her after bum-rushing her.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8823/kareem-hunt

NFL suspended Browns RB Kareem Hunt eight games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

Hunt's ban was expected to be for at least six games, so this falls in line with that. The Browns shouldn't be surprised here. For the first half of the season, Nick Chubb will be Cleveland's workhorse. Hunt will not appeal the ban after being caught on video beating up a woman at a hotel. The Browns will welcome Hunt back with open arms as long as he doesn't have anymore slip-ups. NFL teams will always bet on talent no matter how harsh the crime committed.