Sign in to follow this  
Wacko4Flacco61

NCAA on Sundays is a bad idea?

For Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott, the possibilities are endless in his quest to make his league more relevant nationally.

That's why Scott has given thought to playing some of his league's games on Sundays this fall should the NFL season not be played because of labor strife.

"We certainly are monitoring the situation," Scott said. "We have no plans in place at this time, but you want to be prepared and consider all options. Still, these labor situations have a way of getting done the closer they get to a critical situation."

Should the NFL's labor unrest push into the season, it would create a big void on the nation's TV airwaves. Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN carry NFL games, with Fox and CBS carrying the bulk of the action. What type of programming would those networks run if the NFL wasn't in action? John Ourand, media reporter for SportsBusiness Daily, doesn't think the networks will have an issue filling the time.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1205409

I think its a Bad idea. IF NFL season is Locked out we got the CFL!! So why not TV Networks televise the CFL? And see if CFL Commisioner would try a game on Monday Night?

With the possibility every week of the NFL coming to terms with the NFLPA, I doubt either league (NCAA or CFL) takes over Sunday coverage. BUUUUTTTTTT.. if either league was to do so, I'd say the NCAA simply because it's already nationally known and accepted.