Sign in to follow this  
HadenIsland23

Metro's 2.0 Mock

I have decided to expand my mock to three versions, with the last being the most detailed.

1) Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton, QB

2) Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus, DT

3) Buffalo Bills- Von Miller, LB

4) Cincinnati Bengals- Nick Fairley, DT

5) Arizona Cardinals- Blaine Gabbert, QB

6) Cleveland Browns- AJ Green, WR

7) San Fransisco 49ers- Patrick Peterson, CB

8) Tennessee Titans- Robert Quinn, DE/LB

9) Dallas Cowboys- Tyron Smith, OT

10) Washington Redskins- Da'Quan Bowers, DE

11) Houston Texans- Aldon Smith, LB

12) Minnesota Vikings- Prince Amukamara, CB

13) Detroit Lions- Julio Jones, WR

14) St. Louis Rams- Corey Liuget, DT

15) Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram, RB

16) Jacksonville Jaguars- JJ Watt, DE

17) New England Patriots- Cameron Jordan, DE

18) San Diego Chargers- Ryan Kerrigan, DE

19) New York Giants- Nate Solder, OT

20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Muhammad Wilkerson, DE

21) Kansas City Chiefs- Anthony Castonzo, OT

22) Indianapolis Colts- Gabe Carmi, OT

23) Philadelphia Eagles- Brandon Harris, CB

24) New Orleans Saints- Adrian Clayborn, DE

25) Seattle Seahawks- Jake Locker, QB

26) Baltimore Ravens- Jimmy Smith, CB

27) Atlanta Falcons- Justin Houston, DE/LB

28) New England Patriots- Mike Pouncey, OG

29) Chicago Bears- Stephen Paea, DT

30) New York Jets- Brandon Burton, CB

31) Pittsburgh Steelers- Akeem Ayers, LB

32) Green Bay Packers- Cameron Heyward

Ask if you want the reasoning behind a pick.

Explain the Lions.

And Wilkerson is 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE, so he wouldn't fit with Tampa, atleast not as a defensive tackle. Explain that one too :p

Explain the Lions.

And Wilkerson is 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE, so he wouldn't fit with Tampa, atleast not as a defensive tackle. Explain that one too :p

After Johnson and Burleson it gets extremely bare, and I know this may be a bit of a reach for the Lions, I think he fits the mold well as a third and eventually a second receiver. He either goes here or to the Rams, which is the next pick.

He could play some DT, but be undersized. I think he will fit in well, he is 6'5 305, which I know isn't ideal size, but this is just gut feeling. It is either him or Corey Liuget here(guy from Illinois.) I like them both with Tampa.

Edited by The Metro

After Johnson and Burleson it gets extremely bare, and I know this may be a bit of a reach for the Lions, I think he fits the mold well as a third and eventually a second receiver. He either goes here or to the Rams, which is the next pick.

He could play some DT, but be undersized. I think he will fit in well, he is 6'5 305, which I know isn't ideal size, but this is just gut feeling. It is either him or Corey Liuget here(guy from Illinois.) I like them both with Tampa.

I don't think Tampa drafts defensive tackle here, no matter what. Spent the 3rd overall pick last year on McCoy, and they have alot bigger needs.

With Cam JOrdan and Ryan Kerrigan still on the board, the Lions won't stretch and get Jones. WR is nowhere close to their biggest need (Corner, Defensive End, OT are the 3 biggest)

I don't think Tampa drafts defensive tackle here, no matter what. Spent the 3rd overall pick last year on McCoy, and they have alot bigger needs.

With Cam JOrdan and Ryan Kerrigan still on the board, the Lions won't stretch and get Jones. WR is nowhere close to their biggest need (Corner, Defensive End, OT are the 3 biggest)

I disagree, in my opinion their 3 biggest needs are( in order)

1)OLB( With Miller gone and Smith gone, I don't see them addressing this position here.)

2)Defensive Back( Unless Prince falls, or someone raises their draft stock, I don't see them addressing this either.)

3) Wide Receiver( I don't have a lot of faith in Nate Burleson, and after him there is nobody on the Lions roster worth starting.) Like I stated earlier, this may be kinda a reach, this is the best talent on the board at 13 also.

I do not see any DE worth picks here, and went with talent by biggest need.

Not a big fan of the Bucs pick at all. As Xaos already stated, Muhammad is 4-3 DT and we just drafted McCoy and Price with our 1st 2 picks last year, so drafting another DT early wouldn't make sense. CB and DE are much bigger needs. We'd probably take Houston or Clayborn.

I think the Texans will take Prince if he is there like you have him. Their secondary was god awful last year and they need to revamp it. I can't see them passing on a talent like Prince if he's still there.

I think the Lions will look at an OT or CB before they go WR. Getting a CB would be a reach with PP and Prince off the board, but I think there are some tackles they could take which wouldn't be too big of a reach.

Doubt the Jets will draft a CB. They already have Revis and Cromartie. Plus, they just drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round last year. I think they'll take Ayers if he's still on the board.

Solid mock overall.

1)OLB( With Miller gone and Smith gone, I don't see them addressing this position here.)

2)Defensive Back( Unless Prince falls, or someone raises their draft stock, I don't see them addressing this either.)

3) Wide Receiver( I don't have a lot of faith in Nate Burleson, and after him there is nobody on the Lions roster worth starting.) Like I stated earlier, this may be kinda a reach, this is the best talent on the board at 13 also.

Your saying WR is a bigger need than OT? And DE is a big need also. I think they may go WR in the second (Baldwin, Torrey Smith) The only way I see them picking WR is if AJ Green falls here.

WR isn't too big of a need for the Bucs. Mike Williams and Arrellious Benn both were impressive last year and Desmon Briscoe showed some very impressive signs. We also have Sammie Stroughter who is a solid slot receiver and Kellen Winslow pretty much counts as another good receiver too.

You are forgetting DE which is probably our biggest need.

Thanks for the comments guys, I will reflect all these in my 3rd and final mock in a week or so, I may go more extensive round wise.

WR isn't too big of a need for the Bucs. Mike Williams and Arrellious Benn both were impressive last year and Desmon Briscoe showed some very impressive signs. We also have Sammie Stroughter who is a solid slot receiver and Kellen Winslow pretty much counts as another good receiver too.

You are forgetting DE which is probably our biggest need.

That list was referring to the Lions.

Interesting. This is probably the first mock were is see Stephen Paea in the first round. The Bears are probably going to let Harris walk but OL is still the #1 need in Chicago. Plus I think Paea will still be around in the 2nd, I have him going to Cleveland. I really would like to hear our reasoning behind your Paea pick. :)

I guess you missed m last comment, why Fairley to the Bengals?

I guess you missed my last comment, why Fairley to the Bengals?

I'm thinking the same thing. They have Domata Peko and Pat Sims @ DT... why draft Fairley?? I mean DE would make much more sense to me. Bowers could end up going #4, even though he'll most likely drop to all the way to the Lions pick.

• Upvote 1

Actually... Considering the fact that the Lions have a Bpa system that they have decided to almost strictly follow... Julio Jones at 13, even though unlikely, could happen. I wouldn't be all that mad depending on whom we draft afterward...

And it wouldn't by any means be a reach imo, he's in the top 10 in almost everyone's BB, and there are a lot of mocks where he isn't even falling out of the top 10.

Houston is targeting 1 of the 2 CB's. I highly doubt they would pass on 1 of the 2 if they are there. If not i am sure of the DE/OLB will be there. If by some miracle all the players are gone then i think we look at a trade back and target an aldon smith, or JJ wyatt.