Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Randy Moss tells young inmates, “I’ve worn those orange jumpsuits�"

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT

Titans (for now) receiver Randy Moss, who most recently was spotted buying video games in West Virginia, on Wednesday visited a facility for underage criminal offenders, the Industrial Home for Youth.

“The decisions you made to put yourself here were a mistake,†Moss told the male inmates, according to Ashley B. Craig of the Charleston Daily Mail. “It happens. I’ve been there.â€

Moss also spoke with the female inmates at the facility.

“Everybody is entitled to a mistake or two or three,†Moss said. “I don’t want them to think my road was easy. I’ve had some bumps in the road.

“I’ve been there. I’ve been where they are. I’ve worn those orange jumpsuits.â€

Though Moss largely has stayed out of trouble during his NFL career, he pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery after getting into a fight at high school, which resulted in the revocation of his scholarship at Notre Dame. A failed drug test resulted in a short-term incarceration, and his departure from Florida State. Moss later enrolled at Marshall.

It was a great gesture by Moss to work with the kids, and we recommend watching the video posted below. Though at times he gets criticized — and at times he deserves it — he seems to have a very good heart.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Everybody's gotta grow up sometime...

This very well might be the only thing he's ever done to be a good role model. Better late than never. Good for him.

• Upvote 2