Anthony

USA Today Preseason Coaches' Poll

Key thoughts I had about the list...

1.Oklahoma (42) - The Sooners could be switched with Alabama and it would be fine. How they received THAT many #1 votes over the Tide is a bit beyond me but the season will work it all out.

3.Oregon (2) - Meh. They'll dominate the Pac10 again but that's about it. Plus with all the NCAA probe stuff going on, there's a good chance they'll end up losing players and then.. losing games.

4.LSU (2) - What? Overrated again. I understand the Tigers are a popular team to make the polls but to put them this high is just proof that preseason polls are dumb. They won't even make it past the SEC.

5.Florida State - Awesome. Finally getting the attention they deserve.

11.Nebraska - New conference so we shall see. I hope they prove their worth but of all the rankings, I'd say they're the hardest to put a number on simply because of the new rivalries in their way.

12.South Carolina - The Cocks will have an explosive team but at the same time, Spurrier is pretty good at exploding on himself and letting his temper ruin his gameplan. Not scared.

14.Arkansas - Too high for the Hogs, honestly. No defense and our "star" QB is gone. It all depends on if Petrino really knows how to groom a QB because Wilson does have the talent. Wish us luck.

18.Notre Dame - Please. This is usually the only time the Irish make the list, til the next release.

19.Auburn - They lost their top scorer and key parts of their scary defense so...

22.Georgia - The Dogs will be able to prove if they're for real in their first two games. Boise State first, then South Carolina. Good luck Richt.. I have a strong feeling that you'll need it.

• Upvote 1

Key thoughts I had about the list...

12.South Carolina - The Cocks will have an explosive team but at the same time, Spurrier is pretty good at exploding on himself and letting his temper ruin his gameplan. Not scared.

You really can't define South Carolina any better than this. This is hitting the nail on the head.

Yeah I was also shocked that Auburn made it so high on the list. I just don't see how you can put them there with all of the players they lost, including their star QB.

I'm a Texas fan myself, but they don't deserve to be ranked after the season they had last year. And Notre Dame @ 18 is lol worthy. As any college football fan knows, preseason poll position absolutely does not reflect the talent of a team.