Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Committee on Infractions headed to Miami

This is the best summary (from Yahoo Sports! which broke the story) of the tale of Miami Hurricanes football program and the fraud and corruption involved -

Booster

Edited by Touchdown

Show me another school in the last 30 years that has even been accused of anything close to this. Miami has trumped every NCAA investigation combined just with this Yahoo piece. The only thing you can even compare it to is SMU. USC/Reggie Bush or Auburn/Cam Newton isn't even a drop in the cheating bucket when compared to all this.

And, yes....probably 95% of programs are involved in some form of cheating or bending of the rules. But no institution flaunts it and flat out celebrates it like Miami does, and HAS for over 25 years. This is all part of the fucking moronic U "swagger." USC, Ohio State, Auburn, FSU....they all at least try and hide it. Miami puts it right out there in front of God and everybody to see and they don't give a fuck. That alone is why the NCAA is going to put on the sandpaper condom and bend them over.

I think it says a lot when Vilma and Antrelle Rolle don't even try and deny anything, they just say it's "not relevant right now.' What the fuck does that even mean? I've heard of a non-denial denial before, but this is just.....dumb. There's probably nothing in the world sports MORE relevant....RIGHT NOW....then this story and their names in it.

Pretty much everything I wanted to post as well as what most of us think. I won't go into a long-winded post because I would just be reiterating what FSU said. I will say this though; "The U" is totally fucked and even though I don't think the NCAA will 'layeth the smack down' with a Death Penalty I would not be surprised in the slightest if they do. This case is far beyond SMU's.

EDIT: Grammar FTL

Edited by Irishcoffee