Sign in to follow this  
BoneKrusher

Julio Jones Sig

Diggin the BG, and the idea is a good one, but it doesn't seem to come together for me. Maybe the render or the text standing out a bit much(although the style works for me)...maybe both. But yeah, cool idea.

On a side note, I'd be interested to find out how you got the render in your sig looking like that. I'm always a fan of the drawn/painted look.

Edited by Phins4life
  • Upvote 1

Diggin the BG, and the idea is a good one, but it doesn't seem to come together for me. Maybe the render or the text standing out a bit much(although the style works for me)...maybe both. But yeah, cool idea.

On a side note, I'd be interested to find out how you got the render in your sig looking like that. I'm always a fan of the drawn/painted look.

thanks Phins. ya i worked longer on the BG than the entire sig and i agree the falcons font was just slapped on and stands out too much. (i got tired of playin around with it tbh)

as for the render in my Brandon Carr sig:

1. i dup the render.

2. then i desaturate that layer and then go to filter/other and do a high pass and set the desaturated/high pass layer to to overlay or hard light and do a smart sharpen.

(sometimes to get a more painted look you can try setting the high pass layer on different settings like screen or whatever looks best to you.)

• Upvote 1

thanks Phins. ya i worked longer on the BG than the entire sig and i agree the falcons font was just slapped on and stands out too much. (i got tired of playin around with it tbh)

as for the render in my Brandon Carr sig:

1. i dup the render.

2. then i desaturate that layer and then go to filter/other and do a high pass and set the desaturated/high pass layer to to overlay or hard light and do a smart sharpen.

(sometimes to get a more painted look you can try setting the high pass layer on different settings like screen or whatever looks best to you.)

Good stuff, bro. Thanks for the tip.

• Upvote 1

Personally not too high on the style, but I like the creativity.

thanks D'Mac.

I really like it. The way Jones is coming out of the sig is cool.

More advice from someone who knows very little about graphics. I judge on overall looks. :)

• Upvote 1

second one is good. text could use some work here as well as lighting, but liking the creativity.

• Upvote 1

second one is good. text could use some work here as well as lighting, but liking the creativity.

thanks funny