• Chris Long
    • Patrick Willis
  2. 2. Who is the better player?

• Adrian Wilson
    • David Hawthorne
  3. 3. Who is the better player?

• Brandon Lloyd
    • Kam Chancellor

Ok, you should be able to get the gist of this fairly easy. You vote for the player whom you think is better. Consider their 2011 season to be the main factor in your voting, and the year before as secondary. Throw potential out the window, it's about who is better right now.

Each topic will have 3 matches to vote on, I'll do 4 divisions a day, and we should finish in 40 days, giving a few extra in case tiebreakers need to happen. The top two players in each division will move on to the single elimination tournament.

Due to the late start of this topic, you'll have until 8 PM Eastern tomorrow (the 7th of February to get votes in). Subsequent topics will last 24 hours from the topic's creation give or take a few minutes.

Anyway, get your votes in.

I felt like Chancellor was the easiest pick of the three, he played out of his mind and had a huge impact on the Seattle defense. Lloyd was a good player, but he couldn't stand out with so many shitty QB's throwing to him.

I'm alone on the Chris Long vs. Patrick Willis thing. It's really tough for me, since I think both are elite players at their position, Willis has to be the best or second best middle linebacker in the game, and he's been that way since his second season pretty much, while Chris Long is slowly but surely making a name for himself in the depths of St. Louis. Each year his pass rushing ability gets better and better to the point where I think he puts himself in that elite class of defensive ends with Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Trent Cole and Jared Allen. He was the sole reason for the Rams win against New Orleans, and of the few players to constantly contribute positively to that dismal franchise. It was tough for me, but I'll give my vote to Long, since I don't think anyone else would.

Lastly, Wilson vs. Hawthorne. It was interesting to see Hawthorne move to the inside this year, and he actually did a decent job filling in. He's a much better weak side linebacker, but I cam across impressed by how he handled the move inside. However Adrian Wilson's game was impressive this year, he's always been a top flight safety since he came into the league, but I think this year was one of his better ones. He always gave the Cards that little extra bit of oomph, especially during the second half of the season when the entire team got their act together. He and Rhodes were supposed to form the best safety tandem in the league last year, but they were marred by hit or miss performances. Wilson played consistently good football all year long and deserves some recognition for it.