Sign in to follow this  
Plax 4 Prez

Another Great Pick Up By The Giants

Cornerback Antwaun Molden fell just short of earning a Super Bowl ring as a member of the New England Patriots in 2011. Now he's set to join the team that dashed his Super Bowl hopes.

Molden, who enters his fifth NFL season, has agreed to terms with the New York Giants, according to a source. On Twitter, Molden wrote, "Glad to be a Giant."

The 27-year-old Molden appeared in all 19 games for the Patriots last season (including playoffs), and registered two starts after the club claimed him on waivers from the Houston Texans on Sept. 1, 2011. He had two interceptions and amassed 28 tackles, his primary role to come on the field in sub packages. He had a significant role in Super Bowl XLVI against the Giants, playing 25 defensive snaps.

Molden (6 feet 1, 198 pounds), who in addition to the Giants had visited with the Seattle Seahawks in free agency, was a contributor on special teams over the course of the season with 11 tackles.

He entered the league as a third-round draft choice of the Texans out of Eastern Kentucky.

134181918_crop_650x440.jpg?1334250606

Another Low risk, high reward player. Good job, Jerry Reese!! :beerchug2:

• Upvote 1

More like low risk/tiny reward. :yep:

He would have never seen the field if the Pats had a competent secondary lol.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

More like low risk/tiny reward. :yep:

He would have never seen the field if the Pats had a competent secondary lol.

I have a feeling we got him for depth, and sub packages because there's no way he starts over Cory Webster or Terrel Thomas, plus there's also Prince back there, so I wouldn't doubt he may have to learn safety and play special teams to get on the field. We'll see, Perry Fewell likes to be trickey when it comes to his line-ups, one thing I know is if healthy, and he performs, he will see the field.

I have a feeling we got him for depth, and sub packages because there's no way he starts over Cory Webster or Terrel Thomas, plus there's also Prince back there, so I wouldn't doubt he may have to learn safety and play special teams to get on the field. We'll see, Perry Fewell likes to be trickey when it comes to his line-ups, one thing I know is if healthy, and he performs, he will see the field.

Def a depth signing...CWeb, TT, Prince, and Baby Bruce Johnson will be 1-4 than Justin Tryon, Micahel Coe, and Antwuan Molden will battle out for the other 2 spots. Although we may dress an extra corner all season as insurance for TT, so well see. FYI Coe was not good at all, but I loved what I saw from Tryon before he was placed on IR and Bruce was a starter in the slot in 2010 before he too was placed on IR. I love that everyone is healthy and we are all of a sudden very deep at corner, Molden will hopefully play better with a better defense around him......now we need some Safety Depth quick....as of now only Rolle, KP, and Tyler Sash are on the roster...we signed a practice squad guy Stevie Brown or something but we need a veteran, or a high draft pick in here at the ready in case of injury

• Upvote 1

Def a depth signing...CWeb, TT, Prince, and Baby Bruce Johnson will be 1-4 than Justin Tryon, Micahel Coe, and Antwuan Molden will battle out for the other 2 spots. Although we may dress an extra corner all season as insurance for TT, so well see. FYI Coe was not good at all, but I loved what I saw from Tryon before he was placed on IR and Bruce was a starter in the slot in 2010 before he too was placed on IR. I love that everyone is healthy and we are all of a sudden very deep at corner, Molden will hopefully play better with a better defense around him......now we need some Safety Depth quick....as of now only Rolle, KP, and Tyler Sash are on the roster...we signed a practice squad guy Stevie Brown or something but we need a veteran, or a high draft pick in here at the ready in case of injury

Wow, I forgot about Bruce! Well maybe Molden or Tryon can move positions to safety... They will def be playing special teams. We made Ross a hybrid corner/safety, and the coaching staff is very good at teaching these young guys. Remember Moldin is still very young. Also, there may be a small chance we resign Deon Grant. He's testing FA, but nobody's signed him. If we can get Grant, and possibly Blackburn back, then the draft can be mainly focused on OL, RB, and TE. I still like that TE from Stanford in the 1st round. Only thing we might need on defense is DL depth, and maybe a sleeper DE to kee[p the Nascar package going in case we lose Osi, and Kiwi will probably revert to DE to give Tuck and JPP rest