Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Country Portrait Photography and big news

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much... just finished up spring ball on Saturday and now I'm preppin hard for finals coming up.

News that hasn't graced this site yet is that I'm heading back to Africa... this time as a photographer! This is my first real big photography gig and I'm stoked. I'll be down there for two weeks come May 12th, so if you haven't already go like my facebook fan page- facebook.com/peakphotographer and I'll be keeping that page up to date with pictures as I get internet.

Now for the actual pictures portion. As many of you know, I'm a landscape/nature photographer and I rarely take pictures of people. Well a buddy of mine asked if I'd take pictures of him and some friends and do a country themed portrait shoot.

Here are the results:

IMG_7831%2520%25282%2529.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7938.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

^favorite

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

And of course I had to incorporate some of my favorite shots... done in HDR

IMG_8184_5_6_7_8_fused.jpg

IMG_7951_2_3_4_5_fused.jpg

So I'm really curious as to what you guys think... I'm not a portrait photographer nor do I have the setup for portraits, but I'm pretty satisfied.

Anyway, favorites/comments/critiques/ect

p.s. I have a shit ton of stuff for you guys that I've failed to keep up to date here

Dude, if I ever get any of my writing published, I'd love to use something of yours as cover art. Seriously. You capture emotions I can't express with your ability to portray rural America, with a respect to rural America. Well done.

Awesome job, dude. I love the colors on that barn shot! Stunning. I also love the shot of your friends from a distance with the sun behind them. I love great photographs.

Edited by WindyCitySports

Dude, if I ever get any of my writing published, I'd love to use something of yours as cover art. Seriously. You capture emotions I can't express with your ability to portray rural America, with a respect to rural America. Well done.

Would be honored my brotha, you know where t find me

Awesome job, dude. I love the colors on that barn shot! Stunning. I also love the shot of your friends from a distance with the sun behind them. I love great photographs.

Those are to of my favs as well, thanks dude

Only real issue I see with the portraits is the spacing of the people in the first few photos, they seemed too far apart (mainly the guys) which takes away from the emotion and almost gave them a negative feel (to me, at least).

Other than that, I am a big fan. Your other photos were amazing as always.