Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

What team would go deepest in the playoffs as a Wild Card?

There are roughly a dozen teams that have a shot at making the playoffs as a Wild Card team. What team has the potential to go deep in this spot (feel free to share the scenarios as well).

I think we'll see the playoffs breaking down as follows:

AFC: 1st Seed-Houston, 2nd Seed-New England, 3rd Seed-Denver, 4th Seed-Baltimore, 5th Seed-Indianapolis, 6th Seed-Pittsburgh

NFC: 1st Seed-Green Bay, 2nd Seed-Atlanta, 3rd Seed-San Francisco, 4th Seed-NY Giants, 5th Seed-Seattle, 6th Seed-Chicago

I think the Wild Card team most likely to succeed based on this scenario is Seattle. San Fran is one of the strongest teams in the league, and I think they'll make it to the Divisional Round against Green Bay (at minimum), but I still have questions about Colin Kaepernick. Seattle's defense is very talented and will likely give him problems throughout that game. Seattle's offense isn't elite, but Russell Wilson is certainly playing well & Marshawn Lynch is a beast, although you do have to take San Fran's defense into account when talking about Lynch. Seattle could squeeze out a close game against San Fran and has a shot at upsetting Green Bay. I'm not sure how likely that is, especially with Green Bay's frustration over their first matchup, but I definitely can see Seattle facing the Giants in the NFC Championship.

Others: Denver will likely massacre Indianapolis, Pittsburgh can squeeze by against Baltimore (maybe) but will probably have problems with Denver, New England, & Houston, and Chicago will likely get knocked out with Cutler getting trampled over by the Giants' defense.

Edited by Patriots2994

As much as I hate the Seahawks, I don't see many teams playing as well as them. IF they manage to get into the playoffs (which is almost certain), I think they could make some noise. The only problem is that they would be playing on the road, where they aren't very good.

There are so many scenarios... I think the wildcard with the best shot is the Colts, if only because they can BS quite a few wins. The Ravens at the 4th seed may not be a gimme, but it's probably easier than playing the Texans Pats or Broncos. a win at the 5th seed, and Denver presumably beating the 6th seed (Pittsburgh or Cincy, the odds are slightly in Pittsburgh's favour), leaves the Colts going to Houston for round 3. 3 games against the same team in 5 weeks is pretty brutal, but divisional games tend to go either way, and the Colts could win that one. Pats Broncos AFC divisional game is gonna be a Pats win, it won't even be close because holy shit we can not handle the Pats offense. Then the Colts should get demolished in the CC. That's the AFC anyway.

The NFC is incredibly convoluted right now, so I'm just gonna say the 6th seed. It could be the Giants. Yeah, that makes sense.

I don't like the Seahawks in the playoffs unless they have homefield advantage in the game.

I would say the Steelers, they have a great Defense and plenty of playoff experience.

Edited by Gronk'd