Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Ngata's Top 5 RB Propects

...From high school. Not sure where to put this. IT kind of got inspired by me calling Jadaveon clowney being a monster 2 years ago so I thought I would see if my luck continues.

tumblr_mh9azntg6F1r9yvtto1_400.jpg

Derrick Green

Running Back

Hermitage High School (Committed Too Michigan)

Straight up the dude is a bad ass. He is HUGE for High School RB. The dude is still BIG for college. He is a thickly buil back who is 6' that weighs 225 and runs a 4.4 even. The dude is pretty much a monster in just about ever aspect of the game. He can run in between the tackles, outside the hash marks, and can pick up the blitz. I am unsure of his receiving ability because they just handed him the ball and said go get a TD. He is a BEAST.

10276472-large.jpg

Thomas Tyner

Running Back

Aloha (Comitted To Oregon)

Normally after a guy of Derrick Green's caliber I would say there is a huge drop off. This is not fair to young tyner. The dude is fast as hell being clocked at a 4.38 and has a 32 inch vertical. The dude is more of your stereo type for a speed back because that is definitely his greatest asset. That being said he has a solid fram as well at 6'0" and 210 so he can definitely run through arm tackles and can run in between the tackles. He just does not have the nasty finishing power of Green. When it comes to production the dude is a bad ass. All he did is run for 3,415 yards, with an average of 310 a game and 47 td's....in ONE SEASON.

bryant.jpg

Greg Bryant

Running Back

American Heritage (Committed To Notre Dame)

This is where the dropoff occurs, although not a huge drop off. It is not to say these guys wont be stars just that Tyner and Green are insane.He is a quick and shifty guy, who has an array of moves. He is the good at everything but not great at anything. he has good size, size speed and power for the position. With the right coaching and some bulk to his frame (currently 197) He could be a great back in the league. He is also a good receiving threat out of the backfield.

460_345_resize.jpg

Ty Isaac

Running Back

Joilette Catholic High School (Committed to USC)

This guy is a bit of an anamoly because nobody knows his position. He is a ver talented running back and has breakaway speed. He also has excellent size for the position at 6'3" and 215. And therein lies the problem, he could play S, TE, WR, and RB. He has enough natural talent at the position that he could be a great player there and he is the best dual threat in this class, He is an excellent receiver, so much so he lines up in the slot on occasion.

9927dcfd-9d44-e211-9349-002655e6c126_original.jpg

TaQuan Mizzell

Running Back

Bayside High School (Committed To Virginia)

This guy is pretty intriguing. He is indicative of the type of back that you are going to have in this years draft. He is of a medium build and medium measurables. He is not really big, fast or powerful. That said he has excellent awareness and vision that can not be taught. From reports and interviews with coaches they say he has the kind of patience that can not be taught. He sees wholes develop and is good at picking his lanes. He is a solid back that is of the Alfred Morris guild.

Thoughts ?

No Derrick Henry (Yulee, FL committed to Alabama) the RB who broke the 59 year old High School All-Time Rushing Yard record? Alex Collins?

Interesting picks.

No Derrick Henry (Yulee, FL committed to Alabama) the RB who broke the 59 year old High School All-Time Rushing Yard record? Alex Collins?

Interesting picks.

Derrick Henry is listed as an athlete and am almost certain he ends up an LB. There is no way a 6'3" 243 pound guy who runs over a 4.7 will be a back unless it is fullback.