Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

SEC Sack Leader Michael Sam Could Be NFL's First Openly Gay Player

College production is entirely irrelevant when talking about the NFL draft, and prospects in general. I've seen a lot of Ealy, and at no point have I thought to myself that the man has any kind of motor issues. if anything, it was the opposite.

There's really no excuse as to why anyone would take Sam over Ealy outside of personal preferences (Or maybe value? Maybe sorta kinda a little?), to which if that's the case you'd be ok with taking a far less capable athlete with an equal motor at worst.

I'd argue Sam was not even the second most game planned defensive end on his own team.

College production is entirely irrelevant when talking about the NFL draft, and prospects in general. I've seen a lot of Ealy, and at no point have I thought to myself that the man has any kind of motor issues. if anything, it was the opposite.

There's really no excuse as to why anyone would take Sam over Ealy outside of personal preferences (Or maybe value? Maybe sorta kinda a little?), to which if that's the case you'd be ok with taking a far less capable athlete with an equal motor at worst.

I'd argue Sam was not even the second most game planned defensive end on his own team.

The motor issue i have found is pretty easy to see, at least I think so. If they play goes away from the player and they dont run to the ball and as a defensive lineman if they get stood up at the LOS and just kinda stop moving are my two biggest keys. One of the most important things in step one in building a defense is the defender HAVE to have a overwhelming desire to get too the ball. A elite pursuit defense can out perform a more talented defense with players who dont hustle