Tridentdawgpound

Five Favorite Songs of All-Time

5 more fantastic songs that people need to hear:

Chris Knight sounds like the spent cigarettes in ashtrays across the country, telling stories full of weariness and worry. It's like listening to someone who's as connected to the dark side of this life as can possibly be. Here's a great tune that calls to mind the frontier days of early North Dakota. A stark, gripping horror story of a song with a beautiful yet haunting mandolin melody. If this doesn't give you chills, check your goddamn pulse.

I don't know how Wade Bowen does it, taking such dark themes and turning them into fast, gripping songs. I love the instrumental arrangement to this track. It adds to the tension, gives you goosebumps and paints a perfect picture to fit the lyrics. Wade Bowen's vocal performance takes it over the top. Great new song off of his most recent album.

Grand Forks is not a big city. Not to most people, but for me, it's as big as I ever want to live in, and when I get sick of lights everywhere and stupid college students all over the place, this song takes me home. It paints a very vivid picture that encapsulates any winter night in a small town or on a farmstead. Peace. Quiet. Pitch black darkness. A feeling of peace that you can't avoid. Absolutely wonderful.

The highlight track from Machine Head's new album, full of wonderful songs. And to think, 15-20 years ago this band was releasing Nu Metal trash for singles, even if The Burning Red and Supercharger still had great songs. Robb Flynn and co. are refreshed after adding a bassist who actually wants to be there. On a great album, I present to you the best track, and it's by a long shot.

Who would have thought that Job For a Cowboy would release three of the best metal albums of the past decade, when 8-10 years ago, when they first broke out into the metal scene, they were one of the many shitty "deathcore" bands to annihilate our eardrums with constant breakdowns and incessant chugs, not to mention the silly trend of "pig squeals" that deathcore vocalists seemed to like for a few years. Nevertheless, Job For a Cowboy is on a 3 album tear that would make classic death metal bands like Deicide and Death jealous. Well done, gentlemen.

Oh jeez. Here's 5 I have been listening to a lot. Not my favorites of all time but whatever.

and an oldie but goodie...