Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Bama loses two to the draft

Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon will reportedly forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

Yeldon averaged 5.0 yards per carry or more in each of his three seasons with the Tide. He has exceptional lateral quickness, and manages to fall forward to pick up extra yards. He's Josh Norris' No. 3 running back.

Alabama WR Amari Cooper will reportedly forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

Arguably the best wideout in college football, Cooper had an outstanding junior year, as he caught 124 passes for 1,727 yards (second in the FBS) and 16 touchdowns. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris currently has Cooper ranked in the top five amongst wide receivers and tight ends.

Yeldon is a bit of a surprise. I don't have him in my top 5 backs. Unless he absolutely kills the combine, I don't see him leapfrogging any of the other tier 2 backs either. Norris may have him #3. But he's about the only honk I know to put him anywhere close to that class. I see a day 3 guy with this class.

Cooper is going to be a great pro. I am actually higher on him that most. He ticks all the physical tools/stature boxes. But his speed is likely to disappoint somewhat. Not a freak receiver like Fitzgerald. But I see him being better than Julio Jones.