Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bills Show Disappointment Regarding Aaron Maybin

The Buffalo Bills don't try to hide their disappointment in outside linebacker draft bust Aaron Maybin.

The former first-round draft pick from Penn State has zero sacks and 27 tackles in two seasons.

At the end of the season, Bills coach Chan Gailey described the former Big Ten Conference Defensive Player of the Year's roster status as tenuous. Maybin remains on the roster, but the AFC East club obviously regrets drafting him.

It got even more blunt today.

Gailey told reporters, per ESPN.com, that Maybin isn't bringing it, regardless of whether it's a game or a practice, saying he "hasn't shown it in practice or in games."

Maybin is signed to a five-year, $25 million maximum value deal.

Is the desire there?

"I think he wants to, I think he wants to," Gailey said. "He works at it. I don't want anybody to think he doesn't work at it. I don't want anybody to think he doesn't work at it."

The former Nittany Lions' All-American has the speed, but has no true position. He's a classic hybrid tweener, and his collge success hasn't paid dividends in the NFL.

"I don't think I've lit very many fires," Gailey said. "We might provide a spark, but he's got to get his own fire going. He's got to understand where he is. I always talk to guys about 'This is where we are. This is where we want to be, and this is how we get there.'

"Individually, guys have got to do that. 'This is where I am. This is where I want to be. Now, how do I get there?' We tell him all the time how to get there. He's got to do it. Talking's over. You've got to go get it done."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chan-Gailey-throws-Aaron-Maybin-further-under-the-bus.html

Yeah... he has been a disappointment. But he is still young. Does anyone believe he can turn it around?

I think he can turn it around, but I don't think he will. I thought his best chance of success was as a 3-4 OLB. Now that Buffalo is switching back to a 4-3, I think they'll have to put Maybin at linebacker because I don't think he can make it as a DE.

Anyway, this is what Buffalo deserves for not drafting Brian Orakpo. Failure. :p