Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Fitz doubts the Cardinals will take a QB

While the Arizona Cardinals need a quarterback in the worst way for next season, Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t believe that will happen in the 2011 NFL Draft. FOX SPORTS ARIZONA asked Fitzgerald about the teams chances of drafting a quarterback with the No. 5 pick in the draft later this season. “I would doubt that we would draft a quarterback that high. I would doubt it,†Fitzgerald said. “But, who am I? I’m just a player. Management hasn’t told me if they are going to go in any direction.†While it would seem that Fitzgerald would rather have Kevin Kolb, Donovan McNabb or Kyle Orton, he did have good things to say about Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert and Auburn’s Cam Newton. On Gabbert: “I saw a lot of him. I saw some tape on him. I really like Blaine. He’s a talented player. He makes all the throws. He’s got good mobility in the pocket, and he seems like a real cerebral guy. I think he is going to be a good fit wherever he lands,†Fitzgerald said. On Newton: “If he didn’t have to go through his little situation in college with his dad and all that, I think it would be a totally different ball game. I think a lot of his personal issues overshadowed his ability,†Fitzgerald said. “We saw him on the field for 13 games this year, and he was hands down the best player in all of college football. When you are a player that talented at that level on that stage in the SEC, doing it every single week, it’s going to be hard to deny what he is going to be able to do in the NFL. I think he will be a good pro.â€

Source: FOXSports

Wise choice...especially with some of the defensive talent that could potentially be available at #5. Peterson and Miller just to name two...