Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Rams trying to trade up to #9

ESPN NFL Draft Insider Todd McShay said on SportsCenter Friday that he's heard rumblings around the league that the Rams are angling to trade up for the No. 9 overall pick in the draft. The point would be to move ahead of the Redskins, whom everyone seems to think will draft Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones. The Rams, of course, would love Jones to add a big-play element on offense. But the price to move from 14 to 9 would be at least a 2011 third-round pick, and St. Louis has one of the NFL's weakest rosters. That third-rounder they'd be giving up is probably a Week 1 starter.

Source: St. Louis SB Nation

I wouldn't do it. If the Rams sit tight they're almost guaranteed to get a quality player. I think the worst case scenario is they take Corey Liuget, and that's not bad at all.

With this, I don't see why the Browns wouldn't jump on Jones on 6th if Green is off the board. Now his suitors would be Cleveland(6) Washington(10) Minnesota (12) Detroit(13) and the Rams(14)

So I think the Rams will have to go higher than 9.

If I am the Rams, I call the Browns.

At 14 I think we could get a quality player, and some more draft picks if the Rams called up to us.

If AJ Green is still on the board at 6 and im Cleveland, i'm calling everyone that has a need for a #1 or #2 receiver. I would easily trade a 2nd+3rd round pick for the 6th overall pick, especially if you have 2 2nds.

No, if Green is there at 6 we take him.

No questions asked.

Yall should, but theres always a possibility of trading down.