Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Jags hand Marcedes Lewis a five-year contract

I'm getting very bored of repeating the same thing over and over again(just as I'm sure you are), so we can agree to disagree, and I will just say this to clear up any confusion regarding my argument:

My opinion is:

Marcedes Lewis has done nothing to earn such a huge contract. I'm well aware he's been a dominant blocker his entire career, however, dominant blocking does not earn you that contract. The reason I bring up it's easy to find a blocking tight end is because the only thing that Marcedes Lewis has shown on a consistant basis is that he can block. Now we all know no one is going to go out and pay that much for a blocking tight end. Example of that is Titans just gave Daniel Graham, a blocking tight end, 3years/8.5mil.

What you guys are trying to tell me is that he's an elite player in both aspects. What I'm saying in return is he needs more than one year of elite receiving production to justify that. I've also brought up the fact that I'm of the belief that he only played to that level for a new contract. There is no arguing that for either side, the only thing we can do is wait and see.

I've never denied that Marcedes Lewis has the talent or ability to be an elite receiver. My debate was that he's only played up to that for one year, which just so happened to be his contract year, therefor, I don't believe that he was worthy of such a large contract, a contract that only guys like Jason Witten deserve to receive.

He could very well come out and play like the best tight end in the league and go down as one of the best ever. However, in my opinion, he's not going to because all he wanted was the money, and therefor, as my original point was, it's incredibly stupid to pay him so much money.

So, lets agree to disagree and just see what unfolds.

Fair enough, I think he will because the Jags are going to be in the division race. Hell, I think every team in this division will win at least 2 division games. It is going to be very very competitive. Indy is now nothing more than a perennial 10-6 (at best) team, so Houston and Jacksonville should compete, and if Tennessee gets Chris Johnson into the mix and Hasselbeck can play something like Kerry Collins of a few years back, Tennessee should be too.

EDIT: NVM Decided to read through walls of text to actually see what was being said rather than one line.

Edited by SteelersNation36