Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update - Report: Vrabel accepts college coaching job

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent Mike Vrabel indicated that he would rather continue playing football than begin his coaching career at this time.

Recent reports and speculation suggested Vrabel might want to coach at Ohio State, where there is a linebackers coach vacancy. "My contract is up with the Chiefs," Vrabel said, "So I’ll be looking for a job as soon as this lockout ends." Vrabel did confirm that coaching football in the future "is certainly something I’d be interested in under the right situation." Jun 17, 7:51 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Edited by BLUE

Vrabel is old and has little to nothing left in the tank at this point in his career. He has been great for the Chiefs as a veteran presence. Vrabel really did make a difference on that young team.

Unless he wants to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader, I am not sure he is going to be able to get on a team somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Vrabel is old and has little to nothing left in the tank at this point in his career. He has been great for the Chiefs as a veteran presence. Vrabel really did make a difference on that young team. Unless he wants to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader, I am not sure he is going to be able to get on a team somewhere.

I agree, he was a great presence to help groom the young defense, but it's time to see what the young bucks can do.

• Upvote 1

I agree, he was a great presence to help groom the young defense, but it's time to see what the young bucks can do.

agreed, he'd make a good LB coach in KC. :wink:

We need all the coaching help we can get at tOSU, I think he'd be a good hire ;)

Per Rotoworld.com:

CollegeFootballTalk.com reports there is a "very good chance" free agent Mike Vrabel will accept a defensive assistant coaching role with Ohio State this summer.

The Buckeye rumors have been surrounding Vrabel for awhile, so this is hardly a surprise. Vrabel is tight with new head coach Luke Fickell, who was his roommate at Ohio State in the mid-90s. One source says the announcement could come as soon as Monday. The 14-year veteran had been a leading voice for the NFLPA in labor discussions this offseason. Jul 7, 7:12 PM

Source: College Football Talk on NBCSports.com

Yeah he will, he's done a good job with the Linebacking corps at KC.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reports that free agent Mike Vrabel will retire to accept an assistant coaching job at Ohio State.

The radio station has the report on both its Twitter account and website, and there have been enough signs pointing to Vrabel calling it quits that we're buying it. He'd recently made it clear that he'd love to coach. Turning 36 in a month, Vrabel only made one Pro Bowl (2007) but was a three-time Super Bowl champ with New England. The Akron native and Ohio State alum will finish his NFL career with 57 sacks, 11 interceptions, and 10 receiving touchdowns. Vrabel caught two more TD passes in playoff games when lined up at tight end. Jul 9, 12:53 AM

Source: 810 WHB Kansas City

I love Mike. He's awesome, and I am sure he will do a great job helping out tOSU. I don't think he will be there very long though, his real passion is at the pro level. He will ascend the ranks quickly and I eagerly await his success.

Just to reiterate...

I pray that he signs a 1-day contract with the Pats once the lockout is over. :yep:

Edited by Ryan Mallett
  • Upvote 1