Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Kirwin's lists...

I was extremely surprised to see Delmas in his top class of safeties, didn't know coaches and scouts around the league thought so highly of him...

My issue is still with Orton. I haven't watched many of his games so maybe Razor or another broncos fan can fill me in. Why so low? His measurables were pretty damn solid this season and he's gotten better nearly every season in the league, so why does he get put in the bottom half of these lists fairly consistently?

My issue is still with Orton. I haven't watched many of his games so maybe Razor or another broncos fan can fill me in. Why so low? His measurables were pretty damn solid this season and he's gotten better nearly every season in the league, so why does he get put in the bottom half of these lists fairly consistently?

He puts up most of his stats when the game is already out of reach... at least according to a Broncos fan at another forum that I post at.

Here's an excerpt from the post that he made:

The QB rating doesn't tell the story of our team being 17th in scoring coming into this week, 27th on 3rd downs, our awful red zone offense and McDaniels padding his stats by garbage time plays (He has every pass attempt but one this season).

Orton never seems to perform when the game is close, according the the NFL.com situational stats, when we behind by 1-8 points, his stats were:

68/128, 812 yards, 2 TDs and 6 INTs (58.5 QB Rating)

Otherwise he was pretty good, if we were behind more than that his passer rating was 110.8, and if we were ahead by more than 9 points, he had a QB rating of 144.4. So he had his worst performance when we needed it the most, but when the game was out of reach one way or another, the pressure was off and he did outstanding.