Sign in to follow this  
Turry

B Dawk will take a pay cut

Brian Dawkins confirmed that he will take a paycut to return to the Broncos this season.

"When I signed this deal I knew what it was," Dawkins said. "It was basically a two-year deal. I knew after a couple years there was a balloon (mechanism) and we most likely would have to restructure. That's no big deal to me." Dawkins earned a $3.76 million escalator that the Broncos don't want to pay. Expect the 37-year-old's salary $6 million salary to be halved.

Source: Denver Post

In other news

Broncos WR/KR Eddie Royal pronounced himself fully recovered from February hip surgery.

"I'm ready to go," Royal said at Thursday's player-organized workouts. "I will not miss a day of practice." Royal is expected to resume kickoff- and punt-return duties this year, though his offensive role remains unclear. The Broncos won't run nearly as many three-receiver sets, so it's important for his fantasy value to beat out Jabar Gaffney and Eric Decker opposite Brandon Lloyd.

Knowshon Moreno is down to 200 pounds after playing the past two seasons between 208 and 212.

"He looks less than that," writes Mike Klis of the Denver Post. Moreno was at 217 at the 2009 Combine, so this isn't a minor change. The weight loss would make sense if Moreno is truly headed for a third-down role, but he didn't tip his hand on that issue. "I've just been working out hard," Moreno said. "Real hard. I haven't tried to lose weight or anything."

Moreno could be a third down back? Who becomes the feature back?

Moreno could be a third down back? Who becomes the feature back?

There is a good chance they are going to go after Deangelo Williams