Sign in to follow this  
Denge

Over seas

Hello all dedicated NCAA fans :)

I've been waching NFL and some NCAA for the last 2 season and I still wonder which team I should follow / cheer for. I'm from Denmark, so I don't have any relation to a team / college, therefore I'm also in big doubt which team would fit the kind of play / mentality I look to see in a football team.

Can anyone help me then it would be great :)

I'm a fan of the Minnesota Vikings and have been that since the draftede Adrian Peterson ;)

This is kind of a difficult question to answer, considering that most people will just say their own team. I'll give you a few options.

Notre Dame: This is my team, but I am serious when I say that this is your best choice. Most schools have fanbases that are concentrated mostly in one area (Texas fans mostly live in Texas, Stanford fans in the Bay Area, etc.). Notre Dame is often recognized as the only team in all of sports that is not like this. ND is located in Indiana, but it's fan base is strong throughout the country.

Oklahoma: You said you've liked the Vikings since they drafted AP. Well Peterson went to OU, so if you like AP a lot you should think about the Oklahoma Sooners.

Minnesota: Finally, I thought I would throw this one in here because you like the Vikings, so I thought the University of Minnesota might appeal to you. The two above schools (ND and OU) are two of the best NCAA football programs in history, whereas Minnesota isnt that great.

I have a feeling you'll choose Oklahoma because it was AP's school, but I threw in a couple of other options, too.

thanks a lot for your answer :)

I really liked your options.

I've actually looked some at Minnesota before, but even though they were home favorites I really didn't liked them.

I've watched some of the ND games, and Kyle Rudolph was an amazing pick up for the Vikings aswell :) - I think they looked interesting, but I'm still in doubt if that's going to be my team.

I've looked a lot on TCU and last season they were very interesting to follow. If their head coach stay with them for a long time, I could see that as a posibility.

Then there is the sooners: It makes sence since I'm an Adrian Peterson fan, but I have yet to watch some of their games.

I really appreciate your answer

(Sorry if there is some bad speeling, but as I said, I'm from Denmark, Europe, and English is not my first language :)

Hello all dedicated NCAA fans :)

I've been waching NFL and some NCAA for the last 2 season and I still wonder which team I should follow / cheer for. I'm from Denmark, so I don't have any relation to a team / college, therefore I'm also in big doubt which team would fit the kind of play / mentality I look to see in a football team.

Can anyone help me then it would be great :)

I'm a fan of the Minnesota Vikings and have been that since the draftede Adrian Peterson ;)

If you wanted to root for a college team similar to the Minnesota Vikings, you would be looking for programs running a Pro-style offense and not a Pistol or Spread.

But realistically, if you haven't seen the Pistol or spread, it doesn't mean you won't enjoy them. You would probably just have to watch the games until one school really grabs you. I was raised just outside the L.A. Coliseum and USC campus, so declaring my loyalty didn't take much thought.

If you want a team that you'd be able to probably see regularly, I would say Notre Dame. They have the big television deal but I'm not sure how things work in Denmark.

Other teams to at least watch and see if you find interest are:

Alabama Crimson Tide - They're hated by a lot of people, but they will be a top-tier team for a long time. They are more defensively sound but if you like rough football, they provide it. If you want to follow a team in the best conference, your best bet is to pick them.

USC Trojans - They have tradition, and a lot of it. They also provide a lot of great NFL caliber players. The only downside now is that their coach is an absolute moron. That and they are going through a rough probation period. If you want to pick a westcoast team, this is the one to go with.

Ohio State Buckeyes - Although I try to never promote them on here, they are very talented team year in and year out. They're always the favorite to win their conference and for good reason. They have probably the biggest rivalry (with Michigan, who have been bottomfeeding lately but should come back up at some point) and some pretty diehard fans. If you want an entire state to talk trash to, this is the team to pick (or Michigan, whichever side you wish to join).

Miami Hurricanes - They were a force to be reckon with back in the 1980's. They've fallen off since then but during those times, they were the "bad guys." While they aren't huge now, saying you're a Cane fan isn't really a bad thing (unless you talk to any of the other state's fans).

Nebraska Cornhuskers - After many years in the Big12 conference, they're flipping to show their worth in the Big10. They had many years in the past of success and are never a pushover team. With the new conference, it's a good time to pick them and watch the new rivalries build.

TCU Horned Frogs - I'll throw this one in since you mentioned it. They are the underdog. Right now they are big and tough but they haven't been forever like some of the others I've said above. If you want to pick a "lower tier" team, this is a good one because they could continue the winning they've worked so hard to acheive.

Oklahoma Sooners - Since you mentioned this one too, I'll chime in. They are a great team, with few off seasons. Their coach has been with them for a good while and created a decent dynasty-esque program. It is impossible to count them out of anything, especially since they're picked to win their conference this season. They are a very balanced team so if you like both ends of the ball, this isn't a bad pick.

I tried to give you a big enough selection (in different conferences kind of) to see what criteria you wanted in a team.. so hopefully that helped. While some of these have the same qualities as others, these are the ones with a greater chance of winning. I wouldn't want to ruin your entertainment by providing a team that loses a lot. By the way, your English is good. :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

You should totally join the tOSU fanbase. It's pretty awesome here.

Thanks a lot for all the replies, I think they will help me big time when I'm going to follow NCAA the next season :) now I know a little bit what to follow the next season, and then I'll probaly find a favorite during the season ;)

Mizzou. Everyone recommends Oklahoma but we beat them last year :)