Sign in to follow this  
Jax

Vaca - Interview

U126-1313119531.png

BasXMusic has the chance to sit down and do a inetrview with up and coming artist Vaca.

1) How did you start rapping and who influenced you?

Well I've been writing since I was very young because it was the easiest way for me to express my thoughts. I was the kid that read a book for the first half of the day, and then listened to the same rap album on repeat for the other half of the day. At first, my intention was to become some sort of poet because I really enjoyed the way words could be strung together specifically to develop an idea for people to interpret. Naturally, I was in love with Hip Hop and it all translated. I was influenced by legends such as Nas and Jay-Z because, coming from New York, they were the frontrunners of the movement. Of course in this day and age, artists such as Drake, Jay Electronica, and Wale have also helped me shape my view on rap. Honestly, it would be impossible to name everyone that has influenced me, so it's safe to say that by no means would I be doing what I'm doing, the way I'm doing it, without the people that paved the way. However, if I had one dude that I really feel and relate to, it would be J. Cole, that man is a beast.

2) Coming out of NYC do you feel it requires more work to get your name out?

Coming out of New York definitely means there is more competition out here, but I don't particularly worry about that. I just have to worry about whether or not I'm putting on for my city, considering who has come before me. I feel like I'm in my zone, so it doesn't matter where I'm at because I know I would continue to do what I'm doing. Thank God I'm from New York though, it creates for pressure, but I feel like that's when I'm at my best and it has always been like that for me. It isn't easy, but I don't really have anything to lose and people show me love, so it's all good.

Rest of Interview: http://www.basxmusic.com/2011/08/vaca-interview.html

Yea that doesn't seem right....It is my first post in a long time but i'm pretty sure I posted here a lot before. I forgot about this place and then got an email today about it and decided to sign back in.

Maybe I didn't post then I may have just signed up...oh well i'm back and will be posting a lot.

• Upvote 1

Why is this stickied?

I'm not sure why it was (there have been a few random threads that were stickied lately for no reason as well), but it's not pinned anymore....:yep:

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1